Chapter 29

Previously on Chapter 28

"Harry!!" I said. "What did you just do?!" Ron said. "You attacked a teacher!" Hermione said. He just ignores us and points his wand at Professor Lupin.

What are you doing, Harry?!

-The Truth-

"Tell me about Pettigrew" Harry demanded. "He was at school with us. Before he was our friend!" He said. "But he's dead!" Harry said. "I thought about that too... until you mentioned him in the map" he said. "The map lied then" Harry said, sounding angry.

"No! The map... never lies! Pettigrew is alive! And he is right there!" Sirius Black said, pointing at Ron. His eyes widened. "Me?! He's mental!" He said. "Not you idiot! Your rat!!" He said, pointing at the rat in his hand.

"Scabbers have been in my family for..." he tried to said. "12 years! A curiously long live for a normal garden rat. He's missing a toe, is he not?" He said. "So what?" Ron said.

"The only thing they found from Pettigrew was a..." Harry trailed off, as he recalls what he knows from the news. "Finger! He cuts it off himself when I was chasing after him... and then he TRANSFORMED into a rat!" Sirius said. "Show me" Harry said. Sirius grabs Scabbers out of Ron's hand.

"Scabbers! What are you doing with him! Leave him alone!! Harry please, tell him!" Ron cried out. Sirius place the rat on the old piano and starts casting spell at it. The rat continues to run away. Just as he was about to run through a hole, the spell hits him. He turns into a human.

Sirius and Professor Lupin grabs him, pulling him out. He have a rat-like feature on his face. He looks at the two man in front of him. "Remus... Sirius! My old friends!!" He said. He tries to run out, but they stop him.

He turns to look at Harry and walks towards him. "Harry! You look just like your father. We were best friend!" He said. Sirius growls angrily, and grabs his collar.

"How dare you talked to him about James! How dare you talk about James in front of me?!" He said. He runs around the piano. Professor Lupin and Sirius cornered him.

"You sold James and Lily to Voldemort, didn't you?" Professor Lupin said, pointing his wand at him. "I didn't mean to... Voldemort and his weapon. What about you, Sirius? What would you do?!" He said, as he turns to look at Sirius.

"I would have died! I would have died than betray my friends!!" He yelled. Pettigrew runs under the piano, and go after the door. Harry instantly moves to block his way.

Professor Lupin grabs him and pulls him away from Harry. I move and stand next to Harry, holding his arm. He wraps his arm around me. I can feel him shaking.

"You have to realize that if Voldemort didn't kill you. Then we would. Together!" Sirius said. "No!!" Harry said. They stop and turn to him. "Harry... this man doesn't deserve your pity..." Professor Lupin said. "I said no... my parents wouldn't want to see his friends becomes a murderer..." he said. Pettigrew looks at him happily.

"Bless you, boy! Bless you!!" He said, getting on his knees. "Get off me! We take him back to Hogwarts. Turn him over to Professor Dumbledore. Then the Dementors can have him" he said. Pettigrew looks scared as he whimpers.

Time-skip

We make our way out of the Shrieking Shack. I have my wand pointed at Pettigrew, who's being pushed by Professor Lupin. He keeps on whimpering along the way.