Chapter 77

TW: mentioned of blood and self-harm. Read at your own risk.

Previously on Chapter 76

I made a promise that I'd keep you safe. But I let this happen. I let the Dark Lord marked you with that curse mark. I failed to protect you. I'm such a bad brother. Y/N...

I'm so sorry, sis...

-Desperation-

Y/N P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes, instantly noticing that I'm in my room. I just lay there in silence, staring up at the ceiling above me. My mind went back to what happened a while ago.

The Dark Lord and the Death Eater forcefully hold me still so he can mark me. I wince when I feel a sharp pain, almost burning sensation on my forearm. I slowly lift my hand as I stare at the mark on my skin.

"No... this can't be happening" I said to myself, as tears starts falling from my eyes. I move to sit up as I choke out a sob while clutching onto my arm. I feel a soft nudge from my side. I turn my head to see P/N. She stares at me with a sad gaze.

I'm sorry... I couldn't protect you better... she said. I just start to cry harder. She nuzzle closer to my side, trying her best to comfort me. I wrap my arms around her as I keep on crying.

"I refuse to be one of them..." I said, once I stop crying. I pull away from P/N and look around. I spot a dagger on my study desk. I quickly stand up and rush towards it. I unsheathe the dagger. I stare at my reflection with shaky hands, tears are still falling from my eyes.

Y/N, what are you planning to do?? P/N said. I turn to look at her for a few seconds before turning my attention back to the dagger. Y/N... don't... she said. She rushes to me and pull on my shirt with her teeth.

"Shut up!! I am your master... so YOU listen to me and back off!" I said, raising my voice. She flinched at my tone. She backed away and whimpers, with flat ears as she stares at me in sadness. My eyes widened as I realize what I had done. I choke out a sob. "I'm so sorry... I just don't want to be like them. This... t-this is t-the only w-way..." I cried out.

I turn my attention to the Dark Mark on my forearm. I let out a choked sob. I bring the dagger closer to my skin. I wince in pain as I begin to cut through my skin. Blood start to seep out of my wound.

I focus on cutting the curse mark from my arm, as I didn't realize there's someone knocking on the door. "Hey Y/N... are you awake? I brought you some f- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see Draco. He's staring at me in complete shock.

The tray falls out of his hands, crashing on the floor. He ignores them as he runs towards me. "Give the dagger to me, Y/N! Give it here now!" He said, as he grabs onto my arm that is holding the dagger.

"No! Let me cut this stupid mark off my skin! I don't want to be a Death Eater! I don't want to be like them!!" I yelled out as I struggle to take the dagger back. But Draco fought it, determined to get the dagger as far away from me as possible.

"Stop it, Y/N! Listen to me! I know you're upset. But it's not the reason to hurt your body like this! Y/N... please! Stop hurting yourself! Think of how I feel witnessing my little sister acting like this!" He pleaded. I break down in tears as I fall on my knees. Blood keeps flowing out of the wound of my cut skin.

I start to cry harder as Draco throw the dagger away to the corner of the room. He pulls me into a hug as he hugs me close, not caring that I get blood on his clothes. I clutch onto his shirt as I keep crying. 

"I'm sorry for letting this happen to you..." he said. I can hear the sadness in his voice. I didn't respond to what he said. "If only I can be stronger... none of this would have happened to you. I'm so sorry for being such a useless brother" he said.

***

I sit on my bed, with Draco next to me. He gently wrap a bandage around my wounded wrist. Using magic might be faster. But it's going to be painful. Draco said he didn't want to put me through more pain, which is why he chose to treat it without magic.

"Please don't do this to yourself again..." he said. I just stare at my lap, not saying anything back to him. I hear a soft sigh coming from him. He place a hand on the side of my head, gently pulling me closer until my head rested on his shoulder. "It pains me to see you in so much pain, Y/N... I wish I could have done a better job at protecting you" he said.

I turn my head to look at him. He lift his hand, cupping the side of my cheek as he wipe the tears from my eyes. "Forgive me, sis... for being such a failure. I'm not worth to be your brother..." he said. I didn't say anything and just wrap my arms around his neck. He returns my hug by wrapping his arms around my torso.

"Stop beating yourself for it, Draco. Voldemort is a cruel man. There's no predicting what he plans to do or how far he's willing to go in order to achieve his wicked desire. We have no control over it. We have no strength to fight him. We can only hope that Harry would figure out how to defeat him... he's our only hope" I said. He just nod his head. He snuggles closer, burying his face into my hair. I close my eyes as tears starts falling from my eyes.

Harry... where are you? Are you safe? Are you looking for me? This isn't a home, Harry. This is a prison... this is hell. I want to be with you and the rest of our friends. Anywhere but here will surely be better. Please... hurry up and save me.

*to be continued*