Protect her at all cost

Excuse any mistakes

Toni

A two months later I was finally here, I had everything signed and sealed I was parked outside her house debating. Pop, good looking guy, adorable son, abusive. I don't know where I go wrong with dating people.  Maybe I have bad taste. Pop only wanted me as a damn prized trophy, only pulled me out to show off in front of his friends. I finally got out the car as my phone started ringing nonstop it was him and I surely wasn't gonna answer. I just sent him a text saying I went to my moms and he just replied ok.

"Hello?" Some guy answered the door with his shirt off, maybe I did need to let go.

"Damn mama, you're fine. You single?"

"Still married and not interested."

"Cool cool, what can I do for you?"

"Is Janet home?"

"Oh yea, Damita!"

"What damn." She came down looking at me with excitement.

"Toni hey, what brings you by. This is my nephew, jermaine's son. Go put some clothes on boy."

"Yes ma'am."

"Could we go somewhere private."

"Yea of course. How's my angel doing?"

"She ok, she just trying to get adjusted."

"Ok, I miss her."

"She misses you too."

"And you, how you doing?"

"I'm well."

"Are you sure."

"Mhm."

"T you know we're still married, and you know better than to lie to me." She reached for my arm and I jumped, I didn't mean to.

"Toni is something going on, why haven't you taken your shades off yet?"  She was about to take them off but I backed up from her.

"Janet I'm fine, let's just sign these papers so I won't have to hold you back on moving forward."

"Toni you aren't holding me back. I'm fine, we don't need to sign these. I want you to always have my last name."

"Janet can't you see I'm trying to let go, I don't want your last name. I don't want any parts of you because it'll remind me of the pain you've caused me." I took off my shades not even thinking about how my face looked. I heard her gasp as I quickly put them back on.

"Toni, he's doing this to you?"

"Uh I ran into the door you know I'm clumsy."

"Bullshit Toni." She ripped up the divorce papers grabbing her keys.

"Jr! Keep her here."

"Janet please."

"No im your wife Toni, I'll do everything in my power to protect you, protect my little girl. I still love you Toni, that'll never change." She left with jr. watching me like a hawk.

"Phone and keys."

"Say what?"

"Don't contact him and don't think your leaving. My aunt can be incompetent at times and jackass, but she loves you. She's changed to become better because she still holds hope you and her will get back together. Y'all two really need to have a sit down and talk calmly amongst each other. Don't throw this a way, it'll hurt her too much. You're the next thing to Michael when it comes to the people she loves and cares about, she'd lose herself if she lost you. I know you're hurt by her careless actions but please don't let go. You still love her, it's in your eyes, deep down you couldn't even bring yourself here to have her those papers. Give it one more try please..."

Janet

I went to his house first seeing he was there, next I went to Toni's. I held my gun tightly in my hand, I mean my eyes watered when I seen her face like that. He want Toni so damn bad to treat her like this, I won't allow." he was there with some girl. I by passed her looking for my child.

"Where's Amira, Toni took her to her sisters, wh— you can't come barging in here like that. I'm telling Toni."

"I could really careless."

"Well since she's not home you can go."

"No you and me have business. I suggest you tell your little hoe to go home before she go meets glory early."

"Bitch don't call me no ho— I guess ima go home." I held the gun up to her

"Yea do that."

"Woah Janet what you doing."

"You hurt my Toni so I'm gonna hurt you. It's only fair, don't you think." I hit him with it busting his nose.

"Ahh you bitch."

"See just because I'm not with Toni doesn't mean anything. I'm going to protect her at all cost."

"That bitch just a trophy you know this."

"She's more than just a trophy, and you know it. She's real and got don't know how to handle it."

"I can handle her, you can't."

"I love her! You just fucking beat on her."

"Whatever Janet." I've had enough of this man. We went at it tearing up Toni's house but I'd pay for everything to be redid.

When I got up I had his blood on me. He was still alive just in conscious. I called the police then left the scene, going back to Toni.

"Tone?"

I walked in my room seeing her sleep in my bed. I went to my shower taking off my clothes sand throwing them in the hamper. I'll burn them after my shower.

"Mhh Janet?"

"Yea Toni."

"I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"That I won't be able to protect Amira. Take her please, I don't want nothing to happen to her."

"Toni no, absolutely not. We don't have to be together but we surely not gonna be apart." A knock came at my door and I grabbed my clothes putting them on, kissing her on the forehead and went downstairs.

"Mrs. Janet Jackson, you're here by under arrest for assault against one Sharod Burroughs. You have the right to remain solent anything you say or do will be held against you in the court of law...."

"Baby, what did you do?"

"I love you Toni, I was only protecting you..."

"Please don't take her!"

"It's ok Toni, I did it for you and the safety of our little girl. I love you."

"I-I love you..."