I

F A L L O N

"And he's long gone. When he's next to me, and I realize, the blame is on me. I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now."

. . .

I have always had a longing for adventure. My dad used to call me a wistful, wild soul.

My love for a thrill gave me the nickname. To disrupt the peace.

To stand outside in the pouring rain and feel the cold against my hot skin. And come back inside, wetting the polished floors and leaving a trail to my room.

To touch delicate things that weren't supposed to be touched, to enter forbidden areas that said I wasn't allowed to enter.

Because these tiny things pleased me.

I never took it to another extend. I followed the basic rules. Listened to my parents and had good grades.

But the little things that challenged me, things that I could break, made me feel good.

In control. 

But who knew that control was about to be taken away from me?

I've always had a love-hate relationship with planes.

I love the fact that I can get to travel to somewhere else, have that excitement and those butterflies in your stomach when you walk through the airport with your suitcase trailing behind you.

But on the other hand, I hate plane food with a passion. The whizzing in your ears and possible nausea.

And the jet lag that follows after is a pain in the ass.

I already know that I'm going to fall on top of my bed and doze off in just a matter of seconds as soon as I arrive.

Knowing myself, I'll sleep for a day before getting to enjoy my stay here. Coming home from university has always been a joy to me.

I like seeing all the faces that I've missed, catching up, and eat the food my mom made. To relax and be lazy.

Walking through the airport, my excitement doubles as I realize I'll see my parents in a few hours.

My hair is up in a sleek ponytail, but that's the only thing I bothered to put effort into. I'm dressed in a pair of matching sweatpants and sweater, not wanting to be uncomfortable on my trip.

My make-up just consists of a concealer and a soft lipstick, one that matches my lip color and doesn't stand out.

I'm ready to board, now only headed for my gate where I need to wait until the plane is ready.

But before I decide to take a seat, I enter a store, in desperate need of something sweet.

The store is pretty tiny, only a place for so many people. There are two aisles, that aren't that high.