XXXVI

F A L L O N

"If you find it hard to swallow, I can loosen up your collar. 'Cause as long as you're still breathing, don't you even think of leaving."

. . .

I vaguely remember Nicholas carrying me to my bed when I wake up. And the distinct voice of Donia, saying that she was worried about where we were.

Getting up, I get out of my clothes and walk into the bathroom, deciding to take a quick shower.

My mind is in the gutter and I'm so horny, ever since Nicholas denied me my orgasm. All I can think about is him pleasuring me.

Shaking my head, I wash my hair and feel like myself when I wash the strands, knowing that the curls are going to return.

When I'm done with everything, I exit the shower stall and put on some easy clothes.

I slept in, and it felt so good. Due to my jet lag, I see it's two in the afternoon. So I don't bother to put on any fancy clothes and just go for a pair of sweatpants and a shirt.

Drying my hair, a little smile comes on my face when I see the curls already.

I start defining my curls even more and give them a slick and wet look. They fall over my back, the ends of it reaching my lower back and the shorter locks resting beside my head.

Ever since I was a child, I've taken care of my hair. My mom drilled it into me, telling me that they're precious and a lot of girls could only dream of having hair like that.

I took those words to heart and never heeded them.

Quickly doing my skincare routine, I exit the bathroom and walk into the living room of the hotel, frowning when I see only Nicholas sitting on one of the couches, working on his laptop.

He glances up at me, and a little smile comes on his face when he sees my curls and still-sleepy state.

"Good morning," he says. I'm still pissed at him, but I can't stop a little smile from forming on my face.

"Good morning," I reply shyly. "Or afternoon," I add and walk over towards the couch, looking around me.

"Are the others still asleep?" I ask and look at him.

He shakes his head. "Stella convinced Donia and Reed to go shopping with her," he replies. I frown.

"She didn't ask me," I whisper, feeling hurt.

He parts his lips. "You were still asleep and she didn't want to wake you up. Said she wanted to give you some rest since you didn't get to sleep in yesterday," he explains.

"Donia seemed hesitant to leave, but Stella is persistent," he goes on. I nod, wondering when they'll be back.

The look of hurt must be evident on my face because Nicholas puts his laptop to the side and opens his arms.

Without thinking twice about it, I go over to him and plant myself on his lap, burying my head into the crook of his neck.

He starts rubbing his hand across my back, and it soothes me.

"When did they leave?" I ask him. "In the morning. Around nine," he answers.

Stella was prepared to wake up early to go shopping, but not to go sightseeing with me? And spending time with me.

I guess it's sweet of her to let me sleep in, but she could've let me know. At least inform me of what she was going to do.

I sit there for a while, on Nicholas' lap while he just holds me. His embrace turns my insides into warm goo and the butterflies in my stomach start fluttering.