LVI

F A L L O N

"I can't stop and look the other way. 'Cause I know what could be, babe. And you never feel the same. You'd be thinking about it every day."

. . .

On Friday, Nicholas hands me a cup of tea with Matcha again. I take it from him with a smile and follow him out of the building.

"Good morning," I chirp, happy to see him. I'm always happy to see him, and it makes me feel giddy.

"Good morning," he smiles, "how did you sleep?"

"Good," I reply. I was alone, though.

We talk a bit on the way to campus, and upon arriving, I see the same people who gawk over him, stare again.

A few girls from my class have even approached me, asking who he is and saying that he's so hot.

I always need to hide my smile at the remarks.

"Shouldn't you be focusing on your company, instead of walking girls to campus?" I ask, a smile playing around my lips when we arrive at my campus.

He locks his eyes on mine and smirks.

"I have my priorities right now," he tells me.

That makes me blush. He leans down and presses a kiss on my cheek, before walking away and getting in the car.

The day at college goes fast, and I can't wait for it to end just so Nicholas can come to pick me up again.

When I see him standing at the benches, on his usual spot, I grin and fasten my pace. He hears me coming and looks up at me, sending me a dazzling smile when he sees me.

"Hi," I greet him and resist the urge of hugging him, which is pretty strong. "How was your day?"

"Good, but better now that I'm here with you," he grins cheekily, "how was yours?"

Boring. Couldn't wait to see you.

"It was alright. I wanted to go to the coffee shop near my apartment since I'm craving another one of those Matcha Chai," I tell him.

"Then let's get you one of them," he winks and accompanies all the way towards the coffee shop.

And on the way, I can feel the slight touch of his hand on my lower back, guiding me and staying close to me.

I lean into him as well, feeling at ease in his presence and I can't ignore the butterflies in my stomach forever.

Entering the coffee shop, I see some heads turning to see who entered and of course, the gazes linger on Nicholas.

The employees have a look of recognition on their faces when they see Nicholas, and I have to bite back a smile.

Seems like he's a regular.

His phone rings, and he sends me an apologetic smile. "I have to take this, I'll wait over there," he says and nods at the other side of the shop, where it's a bit quieter.

Nodding, I watch him walk away and wait for when it's my turn.

Someone passes me and halts. "Fallon?"

Looking up, I see it's Tyler and a curvaceous girl next to him. My eyes widen for a second. "Tyler! What a coincidence – again," I chuckle.

"Yeah, it's funny to see you here again," he smiles and glances down at the girl next to him.

The girl is shorter than both of us, with auburn hair and big, round, brown eyes. Her skin is pale and her lips are a bright, pink color.

She's very pretty.