LIII

F A L L O N

"Say you remember me, standing in a nice dress, staring at the sunset, babe. Red lips and rosy cheeks. Say you'll see me again even if it's just in your wildest dreams."

. . .

A few days later, I wake up earlier than usual and feel like going out. Aurora has been keeping in touch with me, and even asked me to go over to her place later today.

She's been very nice to me, and her family is welcoming. So I said yes.

Getting out of bed, I take my time waking up and putting some clothes on. I decide to go out for a tea in the nearby coffee shop not too far away from my apartment.

Taking a quick shower, I brush my teeth afterward and take care of my hair, deciding that it's good enough.

I put on some loose, wide, white pants and a light, brown sweater on top of it, before grabbing my purse and heading out.

I haven't done a lot these past few days. When I came back from Aurora's place, all I did was sit around in my apartment and sulk.

Donia called a lot, and so did dad. Those are the only two people I've spoken to aside from Aurora.

Reed has texted me as well, warming my heart when I saw him asking how I was doing.

Dad told me that mom now knows where I am, but that she's been locking herself up lately or burying herself in work.

I walk towards the coffee shop, that's pretty crowded when I enter. I go to stand in line and wait.

I order a cup of black tea and give them my name, going to stand on the other side of the shop to wait for them to call out my name.

Someone's wallet falls next to my feet on the ground, and without thinking, I pick it up and turn around, ready to give it to the owner.

But my eyes meet someone's who I haven't seen in a very long time. All the blood drains from my face when I see him, and the breath hitches in my throat.

"Fallon?" Tyler asks, his eyes widening in surprise. He takes the wallet from me but keeps his eyes locked on mine as he stuffs it away.

Seeing my ex-boyfriend is a huge surprise, and I can't say it's a pleasant one.

He's grown a bit taller and has the slightest stubble now. His hair is shorter than I remember, and he's wearing a hoodie and a pair of jeans. He always wore a hoodie in high school. I used to love them and giggle whenever he'd lend me his.

I see his habit hasn't changed.

"Tyler... hey," I say and send him a tight smile.

I thank the heavens when my name is being called out, and I turn around, sending the lady behind the counter a smile before taking my order.

Tyler is still standing in his spot, keeping his eyes on me. "Fallon," he calls out when I reach him. I was going to send him another little smile and pass him.

But I can't help but pause in my pace, giving him my attention.

"It's good to see you again," he smiles, holding onto his own cup. Since the place is crowded, I need to take a step to the side to let other people walk past me.

Tyler and I end up against the wall of the shop, not standing too close.

"Yeah, it's been so long," I say. Tyler nods and worries his bottom lip with his teeth.

"You look good, Fallon," he says with a soft smile, "really good. I'm happy to see you."

"Thank you, Tyler," I reply and hold onto my cup of tea.