XXIII

N I C H O L A S

"I love the thought of us in the evening. Crave the feeling. The way you feel, somethin' 'bout it's healing. I'm praying we don't fuck this up."

. . .

"Fuck, Nicholas."

I shake my head underneath the showerhead, trying to get rid of the images and sounds that seem burned into my mind.

I lean my forehead against the cold tiles of the shower stall and let the water run over my back, trying to relax but knowing it's impossible.

Making the mistake of closing my eyes, I see her again. Her head tilted back, exposing her delicate neck that's covered in sweat.

My hand between her legs, making her pant out my name and look for more. I plant both my hands on the tiles after lowering the temperature of the water drastically.

Her gasps fill my mind, her writhing body underneath mine as she comes.

"Fuck..." I whisper and breathe out heavily, "Fallon."

Just then, the door of the bathroom opens and I snap my head up, my muscles all tensed up.

Stella's blonde hair meets my eyes, and I watch her close the door through the fogged-up class of the shower stall.

"Babe?" she calls out. "Who else would it be," I reply dryly and take a step back, turning my back towards her and demand myself to get a grip.

But then, another pair of feet join mine and she wraps her arms around me from behind.

"Hey there," she whispers when I turn around, and I see her azure eyes looking up at me. "Hey," I say and lean down to meet her lips, sliding my hands down her body and feeling the familiar curves I've run my hands over multiple times in the past.

She wraps her arms around my neck and presses her body against mine, letting out a soft moan before running one of her hands down my chest, down and wrapping itself around my throbbing cock.

That's been there ever since my mind returned to Fallon.

It's raining again. The last time it rained, I found myself in Fallon's room, bringing her to an orgasm.

I stayed up all fucking night and decided to take a shower, where my fiancée joined me, but all I could see was curly brown hair that I was fisting between my fingers.

They needed me at work today, so I haven't seen Fallon ever since I stepped out of her room.

And now she's up in her room again, tempting me with the idea of entering and getting a taste of her body.

But maybe she's not in her room. Even though it's past midnight and everyone is most likely asleep by now, I wouldn't put it past Fallon to sneak out and stand underneath the clouds, letting the rain fall on her.