XXII

F A L L O N

"Don't need permission, made my decision to test my limits. 'Cause, it's my business, God as my witness, start what I finished."

. . .

He reaches my room and opens the door before throwing me inside. I raise my eyes to look at him as he closes the door and locks it.

My heartbeat speeds up when he stalks towards me again, caging me in against the wall. "Tell me, Angel," he breathes and drops his head again, so his face is hovering above mine, "what were you going to let that boy do to you?"

I swallow, which is hard with a dry throat. "I... I don't know," I stammer. "Liar," he hisses out.

"Were you going to let him touch you, hmm? Get a taste of your pussy?"

"Maybe," I bite out, feeling my annoyance against him return.

He smiles and licks his lips. "Were you going to think of me, then?"

"God, you're so fucking full of..."

I stop talking when he grips my jaw and angles my head so I can look at him. "Finish that sentence," he demands. "I dare you."

I shut up.

My chest is rising up and down, and I feel like my heart is going a thousand miles per hour. He lowers his head, even more, never retracting his hand and keeping his fingers on my jaw.

I'm throbbing and hurting. My mind is a mess, filled with images of Nicholas and not helping my case.

"Angel," he hums, "if I hadn't walked in, you would've let him fuck you, huh?"

Our eyes meet, and the breathing hitches in my throat. "I don't know," I whisper and feel my heart skip a beat when he lowers his hand towards my throat.

I feel raindrops hitting the window, and I see that the rain has started to fall down heavily already.

I try to lean up to connect our lips, but his hold on my throat tightens and I don't know why it sends a flood of wetness into my panties.

"Nicholas," I whimper and bite my lip, embarrassingly wet for him and his touch.

Nicholas' eyes go over me, and then his hold on my throat which loosens now. He takes a step back and raises his eyes to look at me.

"What am I doing?" he asks himself. I stay quiet, not knowing what to say. My breathing is unsteady and my heart wants to beat out of my chest.

Our eyes stay locked for a while, and I can see the desire in his eyes but... also disappointment? As if he's mad at himself for getting carried away.

"I shouldn't have treated you like that," he sighs and raises his hand.

Out of instinct I back away and cringe, preparing myself for the slap. I breathe out in relief when I see he's only raking his hand through his hair.

Nicholas notices my behavior and frowns. "You thought... I was going to slap you?" he asks in disbelief. I open my mouth, but nothing comes out.

Memories come flooding back into my mind, and I become frustrated at my comparison from the past to the present. "Fallon," he says and takes a step in my direction.

My cheek starts feeling warm, burning as I recall the hand that has collided with it multiple times.

My lower lip starts trembling, but I keep them at bay. "I'm... I'm sorry," I whisper and let Nicholas take me in his arms and cradle my body.