XXIV

F A L L O N

"Wake up, I don't wanna wake up. I don't wanna wake up if you ain't laying next to me."

. . .

Nicholas isn't in bed next to me when I wake up the next morning.

For a moment, I wonder if what happened last night was a dream. But it seemed so real then.

Rolling over in the sheets, Nicholas' scent greets me and I know it was real. That he was here with me.

Hovering above me. Looking down at me.

I try not to let the disappointment affect me too much at his absence.

My throat is a bit sore, and it only serves me as a reminder of what went down last night. A little sigh leaves me as I remember the way Nicholas fisted my hair.

And dragged my mouth up and down his cock.

Even though my eyes were tearing up and I felt saliva gathering at the corner of my mouth, I loved every second of it and I found it embarrassingly hot.

But now he's gone, I'm afraid he might regret what happened last night. Does he not want to see me?

Is he mad at himself? Or at me?

I stay in bed for another while, before deciding to get up and change my poor choice of pajamas that I quickly threw on.

Grabbing a pair of loose shorts, I go with another crop top and take a quick shower. After I've freshened up, I walk out of my room and cast a quick glance towards Nicholas' room down the hallway, which is closed.

I bet he's already in the library, working. Or out, like he was yesterday.

Yesterday had been a confusing day for me. He wasn't there and we didn't talk about what happened the night before.

But then he entered my room last night and it felt like a blissful dream.

Fuck. Something I know that won't leave my mind any time soon.

But then, I enter the kitchen and see Stella leaning up to kiss Nicholas. My heart constricts in my chest as they kiss in front of my eyes.

"Morning," I bring out and make them break apart. Stella sends me a sheepish smile. "Good morning, Fallon," she greets me.

I meet Nicholas' eyes from behind her, and realize how fucked up this situation is.

"How did you sleep?" Stella asks me.

Great, since I fell asleep in your fiancé's arms after sucking him off.

"Good," I force out, "when did you get back?"

"A few hours ago," she answers, "I'll be going to bed in a few. I'm so tired."

I don't respond, heading for the fridge instead to distract myself and taking a bottle of water.

My phone pings on the counter, but before I can reach for it myself, Stella takes it.

"Message from Reed, I see," she smirks.

"Stella," I warn and walk around the counter, but she only walks away from me. "Is Reed the guy who came over the other night? How was it?"

"Fantastic, now give me my phone," I chuckle and stretch out my hand. "Did you get laid?" she asks and wiggles her eyebrows.

"No, not yet. If you give me my phone, I can arrange that," I smile.

"Well, not today. Suzie needs someone to watch her this evening and I already told my cousin that you'd be up for it," Stella says and hands me my phone.