XXXV

F A L L O N

"I've been on my worst behavior. But baby I don't need a savior, I'm way outta line. But I kind of like the way I feel when I just don't give a fuck."

. . .

Nicholas has been very patient with me. I've asked him a million questions, and he replies with such ease.

I wonder what he's stored in that head of his. How he knows everything and how he can tell me everything in the finest of details – so effortlessly.

I've been eagerly asking him questions and he appreciates my interest and knowledge of a few things.

So, as I said, he's been really patient with me. Especially because I've been rolling my eyes at him which has made him send me daggers with his eyes multiple times.

I've also accidentally grazed his crotch with my hand a little too many times. Sometimes with my ass or pressing soft kisses on his neck.

And now, I'm leaning over a railing, which hitches my oversized sweater up and exposes my jeans-clad ass.

I don't have a lot of ass, but I like the shape of it and I'm not too shy about it, either.

A satisfied smirk comes on my face when I hear a groan coming from behind me.

"Could you be more obvious?" he asks and comes to stand behind me, tugging my sweater back down. "There are old men creepily staring at your ass. It's taking a lot in me not to punch them."

"So, you're staring, too?" I ask him and send him a fleeting glance over my shoulder.

"Cause you're old," I add with a shit-eating grin.

I'm riling him up for all the things he's made me feel during the past two days. All the jealousy and hurt I felt. For being with her. For taking her on this trip even though it isn't his fault.

"You're asking for it," he breathes. "For what?" I ask him, innocently fluttering my eyelashes.

But instead of lashing out, he schools his features and takes a step away from me. "Nothing," he says calmly. Too calmly.

"Come on, there's a lot more that you need to see."

Surprisingly enough, Nicholas didn't come back to that subject the whole day

Surprisingly enough, Nicholas didn't come back to that subject the whole day. He didn't say anything about my behavior or any silly insult thrown his way.

He doesn't silently kill me with his eyes whenever I don't do anything he asks of me. He just remains calm, which frightens the fuck out of me.

I'd rather him lash out at me or tell me all the things he's going to do than remain in the dark about it all.

We've been out the whole day, and it's getting darker now. There are some dark clouds hovering above us, promising us a rain of shower later in the evening.