XXXIV

F A L L O N

"Said baby it's just in my nature, to be a little troublemaker. So wrong, but so right. Know you really like the way I, taste when we kiss."

. . .

It's incredibly hard to wake up the next morning. My body is begging me to sleep some more, but I know I've got to get up.

I asked for this. And I want this.

Looking at the weather, I know it's no time to go out in a crop-top and a pair of shorts. Instead, I take a pair of jeans and an oversized sweater, with a turtle-neck underneath.

I took my time to look at the weather, and though there won't be any sun, there won't be rain. Only a breeze and weather suitable to go without a coat or jacket.

I put all my needed stuff into my bag and style my hair, which is weird now that it's straight. I have always taken such care of my curls, it felt like I was killing them when straightening them out.

But this new look is different, and I won't say I don't like it. It's weird but... pretty.

I apply some cheek-tint on my cheeks and decorate my lips with some lip-gloss.

"Who the fuck are you trying to impress?" I murmur to myself and shake my head, spritzing some perfume on nonetheless and even curling my eyelashes.

When I exit my room, I look up and see Nicholas sitting on the couch, wearing a grey crewneck and a pair of black jeans.

The crewneck fits perfectly around his broad shoulders and compliments his body, not too tight nor too loose.

It looks so soft and I just know I could drown in the material if I wore it, and have his scent surround me.

I'm obsessing over a crewneck.

"Good morning," I bring out and he looks up, our eyes clashing. He stands up and rakes a hand through his dark and disheveled hair, that I want to run my hands through.

"Good morning," he replies and pockets his phone, flicking his wrist to quickly look at the time.

"Ready to go?"

Despite the circumstances, I'm happy that we're going out today. To do the thing I came here for.

With him. Alone.

I resist a stupid smile from covering my face and nod, walking towards the front door with him and thanking him as he opens the door.

"Thank you for coming with me," I say quietly as we make our way to the elevator. Our eyes meet again.

"That's what we came here for."

I nod, and get into the elevator, wondering if the entire day is going to be spent in awkward silences.

"I've rented a car, it should normally be at the front of the hotel already. I expect us to be back late at night," he informs, going on his phone to check some things.

"We're going to be out the whole day?" I ask. He spares me a glance. "Of course, we're going sightseeing."

"I know that," I say and roll my eyes, "but I never spent a whole ass day out, is what I meant. I've never..."

I'm being cut off when he harshly yanks on my hair. It was a quick tug, but harsh and quick enough to shut me up.

"Don't roll your eyes at me," he scolds.

I narrow my eyes and press my lips together, knowing that it won't be the last time I'm doing that today.

"As I was saying," I resume, ignoring his statement. "I only ever visited other countries with friends or family, and they've never been as interested as I was. So, I'm not used to being out the whole day," I explain.