XL

F A L L O N

"I like to fuck with you, just to make up with you. 'Cause the way you be screaming my name make me wanna make love to you."

. . .

On the day that we leave England, my mood is down. After the night in which Donia brought me back to my room, everything has changed.

I stayed in my room most of the time and Donia and Reed kept me company.

Stella asked me once to go out with her, but I declined, not feeling like going out. I did once with Donia and Reed. And Stella tagged along, but I couldn't stomach the thought of being alone with her.

There was one night when we all sat down to watch a movie together, and I sat as far away from Nicholas as possible.

I successfully stayed away from him for three more days, and I'm proud of myself for that.

Today, we're flying back and I couldn't be happier. I only enjoyed the first days of being here, but the rest were tainted.

Horrible.

I get into the private jet and see that Stella has taken a seat on one of the couches instead of heading straight into the bedroom in the back like the first time.

"I brought some card games," she grins as Donia and Reed take a seat in front of her. The only empty spot is beside Stella, and I reluctantly occupy that spot, feeling out of place.

The last few days, I haven't been sleeping a lot.

I had a terrible night, unable to close my eyes and drift away. I only got a few hours of sleep, before we all had to get up and head for the airport.

Nicholas takes a seat on the couch, and instead of taking out his laptop to work as I expected him to, he takes out a book.

The sight of seeing him read shouldn't be so hot, but it is. The way he holds the book and flips the pages, seeming immersed into whatever is on them.

Once we're in the air, Stella takes out her cards and asks who wants to play with her. I keep quiet, too tired to be bothered with the games.

But I'm glad when Donia and Reed participate since I don't want Stella to be left alone.

I feel awful. I have a reduced attention span and lack of energy. Donia says it's because I haven't been sleeping a lot.

"So, Fallon, did you get laid the other night when you went out? I haven't gotten the chance to ask," Stella says.

"No," I reply weakly, "wasn't feeling like it."

"Figured," Stella chuckles, "you aren't the type to have a one-nightstand."

That brings a frown to my face. "What's that supposed to mean?"

She just shrugs, taking all the cards and giving them out to Donia and Reed. "Yeah, you're too innocent for that."

"I'm not innocent," I protest, which makes her snort. "Right," she chuckles. "What's the freakiest thing you've ever done? Let someone lightly spank you?"

I hold back. Because if I don't, my irritable mood will be the cause of me spilling everything her fiancé did to me.

So, I just keep quiet, not granting her an answer.

After a few minutes, Stella turns to look at me, her blue eyes scanning my eyes.

"You look like you're about to pass out," she frowns, "why don't you get some rest?"