XX

F A L L O N

"Oh I don't have you here with me but at least I have the memory, I try to make it through the night but I can't control my mind."

. . .

I raise my head from the floor and meet Nicholas' eyes from above me, who's looking down at me with a frown.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Shh!"

His frown deepens. "Mom can't hear you!" I whisper-shout. "Why?" he asks.

I frown and sit up, feeling dizzy at the fast movement.

Why can't mom know about me? Did I do something bad? Why am I paranoid again?

"I don't... remember," I mutter and look up at him. Nicholas keeps on looking at me with the same expression and picks me up, gripping my jaw so I'm looking at him.

"Are you okay?" he asks. I want to tell him that I'm just peachy, but I'm distracted by his touch.

By the way his hand is gripping my waist so possessively that it turns me on. By the punishing grip his fingers have on my jaw.

And the memory of his lips on mine. Of him breathing against me and asking me those ridiculous questions that got me wet after the picnic with Reed.

"Nicholas," I breathe and lean in, brushing my lips against his. My body turns into a puddle and I press my lips firmer against his. My fingers itch to explore his body, but he pushes me away.

"You're not nice," I pout.

"Are you drunk?" he asks, his voice hardening. "Nope," I grin, "I didn't drink anything. Cool, right?"

He clenches his jaw. "Your eyes are bloodshot, Fallon. How the fuck are you going to tell me that..."

He trails off, and he looks as if he realizes something.

"Stop being so mysterious and just kiss me, dumbass," I groan but straighten up when his hard gaze lands on me again.

Definitely not calling him dumbass again.

"No," he grits out and takes me in his arms, bridal style. "Why not?" I frown.

"I'm not touching you when you're like this."

When I'm like what?

God, this man is so confusing. He carries me upstairs and into my room, placing me down on my bed.

"Stay here," he orders. I pout and cross my arms. "Why?"

"I won't let you go outside like this," he snaps back. "God, Fallon. What were you thinking?" he asks and looks into my eyes.

"I wasn't thinking anything!" I slur out and sit up in my bed, feeling the paranoia and anxiety rush through me again.

"I swear! All I did was eat some brownies and watch a movie, dude," I reply and take his face between my hands. "You have to believe me."

He takes my hands away from his face, making me frown. He doesn't want me to touch him. He doesn't want to touch me.

Fine. He wants nothing to do with me. I'll never do anything with him.

I won't beg.

"You need to go to sleep, Fallon. Nothing will happen between us," he barks out and then storms out of my room.

"Fine," I grit out and give my door the finger.

"Nothing will happen between us," I mock and fall on my bed, glaring at the ceiling. "Fucking douchebag."