1 - Let Me In Your Kingdom

Thank you @Tharins for the lovely cover!

*******

Make em' whistle like a missile, bomb bomb... every time I show up, blow up uh! 

I skip to the beat of whistle by Blackpink on my way to school. I wiggle my legs, I bend my back, and my arms move like jello as I try to embrace my inner Lisa. 

Every morning as I walk to my high school, I make sure I get pumped up for the day. Once I'm pumped, no one.. and I mean no one can ruin my vibe. It is I... who is unstoppable! I... who will rule the-

I suddenly trip on my own foot and faceplant into the ground making my earphones disconnect from my phone. 

Nearby pedestrians mumble as they walk past me and my phone that's blasting whistle.

I'm contemplating whether I should get up or just stay here like murder scene tape. If I stay still maybe people won't notice me. Wait... my uniform!

I quickly jump up and start to dust off my newly dry cleaned suit and skirt. My mom would literally kill me if I came home with a single dust particle on it! She would have me wash dishes at Ms. Go's café for weeks to pay for it to get dry cleaned again!

Oh...

I almost forgot.

You don't know who I am.. don't you?

Well well well, you're in for an incredible treat...

The name is Kim Sunni. I'm a regular 17 year old high school student just living day by day. I live in Seoul, yes the capital, for basically my whole life! I only know this place and it only knows me. I live with my single mom and my black cat Toto. We live humbly. My mom makes end meet as being the housekeeper at this millionaire's mansion.

Tell me why we're still living in a one bedroom apartment when they can literally give us 100 million won and it wouldn't even make the slightest dent in their wallets. Whatever, my mom is too good for them.

I occasionally work at Ms. Go's café which is the little bakery right next to our apartment complex. Ms. Go is my mom's bestfriend of 20 years, and her daughter, Yuni, is my best friend. We're the same age.

I'm quite average looking with black short hair. Easier to shower the better. 

"Oh you're in trouublee," Yuni approaches me pointing her finger at me.

I huff, "Ya! What are you talking about?" 

She slightly lifts up my skirt to reveal a little rip at the bottom. I gasp. I am in trouble.

"Mhm, your death sentence is waiting," she jokes then picks up my phone and earphones for me. 

I snatch them out of her hand annoyed at the rip. Only one thing can ruin my day, knowing my death awaits when I come home to see my mom's crazy eyes as she sees this tiny... itty bitty... rip.

Me and Yuni start walking to school together like we usually do. We walk to school together, sit next to each other in our classes and during lunch, and then hang out after school to either do homework, karaoke, or dance. 

That's pretty much our daily routine and we never get tired of it.

"I won't bring it up," I say stuffing my phone and earphones in my backpack.

Yuni laughs, "yea, but once she notices I won't see you at school, I'll see you at your funeral."

"I know," I sigh. "She used her last few bucks from her earnings this week just to get this dry cleaned."