18 - The Existence of You to Me

- Sunni PoV -

"That's what happened," my mom finishes telling me her heated conversation with Mrs. Yang.

She organizes our luggage in Ms. Go's spare bedroom as I sit on the bed staring at her, speechless.

My heart feels overwhelmed by how my mom defended me, the way Mrs. Yang stalks Jungwon, and how my mom just point blank quit after all these years.

This happened faster than when we moved to Jungwon's house. I didn't get to say goodbye to anything. 

My mom not only left Toto, but she probably left a lot of my stuff also. She seemed like she was in rush, so most likely that happened.

At least I get to go back and say my final goodbyes.

I'm not sure what's going to happen now. We might move to a new place, or we might stay here for awhile. 

One things for sure, I won't be able to go to Daeil anymore. Not like I really enjoyed my time there, but that means I really won't see Jungwon.

I can't believe I said what I said to him.

If I knew that might've been the last time I saw him, I would've gained the guts to kiss him. Right then and there.

I look around the familiar room.

Me and mom have been in this spare bedroom before when our pipes busted one time in our old apartment.

It feels weird being here, especially since Yuni's room is right next door.

If we were still friends, I wouldn't even sleep in here with mom. I would go over to Yuni's and we would stay up late just doing whatever.

"Why won't you go hang out with Yuni? I have to figure some stuff out," My mom says to me out of breath with her hands on her hips.

I shake my head, "I'm good here, with you."

She squints her eyes, "Is there something you aren't telling me?"

My eyes widen, "What? No, why would you say that?"

She crosses her arms, "You tell Yuni basically everything. By now you would've told Yuni the whole situation."

I shrug, "I just want to be here with you. Are you okay? What's going to happen?"

My mom sighs, "Luckily, with my extra income from the extra job and from us staying with the Yang's, I was able to save up quite a bit. We'll be able to live comfortably at a new apartment for a couple of months, but I still need a job."

I nod taking in what she told me.

"Not sure what I'm going to do, but I'll figure it out," my mom huffs out. 

She approaches me and holds my cheeks, "We'll be okay my love."

"What about Daeil?" I question her. "There's going to be a formal and a school trip this week."

"I'll let you stay till then, but next week, you'll go back to Inhun," my mom answers then leaves the room. 

*******

After changing into my monkey pajamas, I leave the bathroom once I finished doing my night routine.

Just a simple skin care routine and dental hygiene. The usual.

I close the door to the restroom to see Yuni coming up the stairs.

I stay there, hand on the knob, frozen. I haven't seen her in forever.

Her, in her Inhun uniform and her round glasses. Her hair grew quite a bit, and maybe just maybe she grew a centimeter or two.

Times like this I would run up to her and tackle her with a hug.