16 - Pucker Up

"I'm afraid to interrupt them.."

Me and Jungwon move our gazes from each other to see Jungwon's buddies surrounding us. 

They're giving us mixed facial expressions from Sunoo's jaw being all the way to the floor to Jake giving us a cheesy smile. 

"Jungwon, what's going on??" Questions Heeseung leading the others to laugh.

Jungwon scoffs and gently lets go of me. 

No, please don't.

"Sorry that I've never told you guys," Jungwon says.

"Had me fooled. I never thought you and Sunni would date," Sunoo says with almost everyone agreeing.

I don't think Jungwon and Sunoo are talking about the same thing.

"I thought you were dating Jayun," says Niki.

"He is," Jayun announces as she shoves through Sunoo and Heeseung. 

Great. The jealous girlfriend is back. 

Jayun grabs Jungwon's hand, "Don't be mistaken. This man is mine."

Jungwon's buddies look at each other. I guess I would be confused also.

Jungwon doesn't say anything despite us having a clear moment. Was I wrong about him having feelings for me also? I swear his eyes told me the answer I was dying to know.

"Take me home," Jayun demands to Jungwon.

Without even letting Jungwon answer back, she forcefully pulls him out of the waiting room leaving me and the guys.

"That was quite something," Sunoo comments.

"So, you two are not dating?" Heesung questions.

I shake my head. "You guys got the wrong impression," I awkwardly laugh it off. Even they saw it. I'm not hallucinating.

"I didn't know you OR Jungwon can sing," Jake changes the subject. "You two were really good up there."

"Thanks," I say with a smile though I am a bit sad.

The guys give me their congratulations and go about their day leaving me pouting alone backstage.

Me and Jungwon never talked about what would happen if we won, but I would've thought we'd celebrate. I didn't even have a conversation with him before he got pulled by Jayun.

Even though Jungwon obviously doesn't like her, I still feel... embarrassingly jealous.

You know what?! Whatever! Why do I have to be jealous?

I am Kim Sunni!!

Kim Sunni who's alone though.

*******

"Toto! We won!!" I exclaim as I hold Toto in the air.

"Meow~" He lets out making me giggle silly. Oh how I love my cute black cat. 

I think I love him more seeing how he looks like Jungwon. 

I let out a sigh and lay on my bed with Toto on my belly.

"Toto, we won, but I feel so down," I start to say as Toto begins to purr. "You know Jungwon... he left with his," I pause. "Girlfriend! Ugh... now I'm here... with only you to keep me company."

"Isn't it unfair Toto? We've worked so hard for him to not even buy me tteokbokki," I pout.

I then flinch from a sudden plastic bag being sat beside my head.