25 - Hello Ghost?!

- Sunni PoV - 

That lady. The lady with a long, flower embroidered cardigan, brown pants and slippers, and short grey hair with a brown knitted beanie... Her features just like mom...

I have a flashback to when mom showed me halmeoni's pictures, and the one picture I always carry in my wallet...

Am I hallucinating? Do I have the powers to see ghosts now? 

But I look at Ms. Go and see she's just as shocked and frightened as I. 

Yuni who doesn't have a clue what's going on since I never talk about halmeoni, and Jungwon who's surprised... but why?

"S-Sunniya.." Ms. Go taps me as she looks at the lady in shock. "I-Isn't t-that.."

"Halmeoni..." I quietly say. 

I slowly make my way towards her. Maybe she could be a doppelganger or she had a long lost twin... but it seems impossible...

I'm hesitant to tap her shoulder, because even though I know how she looks like... she's never met me and probably doesn't have a picture of me. She might think I'm just some random girl.

I tap her shoulder. 

I see her body freeze up before slowly turning around to face me.

I look at her face features. She's practically mom, but older. I almost gasp seeing the resemblance.

We stare at each other in silence. 

Her eyes wander around my face.

I then... notice her eyes become glossy.

Suddenly, she pulls me into a hug. 

Confused and scared, but mainly confused. I wonder why she popped up after all these years, and why she's not dead...

"My sweet sweet baby," She lets out as she strokes my hair. 

She pulls away smiling at me dearly. 

"I..I don't understand," I say with my eyebrows furrowed.

Halmeoni purses her lips, "I know... I'll explain..."

Her voice fades as Jungwon, Ms. Go, and Yuni approaches us.

"What's going on?" Questions Yuni.

"Daeun said you were dead," Ms. Go says with her face reading "scared."

"That's Ms. Go and her daughter Yuni. I've known them my whole life," I explain to halmeoni.

I then look at Jungwon who's been silent but I know he's just as confused as Ms. Go and Yuni.

I point to him. "That's Jungwon... my boyfriend and..." I pause and slightly smile. "Bestfriend."

Halmeoni then gives him this huge smile, "You have such a handsome boyfriend."

Suddenly the double doors of the ICU opens.

"Doctor!" Ms. Go exclaims.

He bows at us. "Ms. Kim Daeun is doing better but she's still unconscious, I will allow only one visitor."

"Sunni, her daughter," Yuni says to him as she slightly pushes me to the double doors.

"This way," the doctor gestures me over.

- Jungwon PoV - 

"We're going to go buy some coffee would you like anything?" Ms. Go asks Sunni's halmeoni.

Halmeoni gets herself situated next to me as we sit on the hospital's sofas. 

"Just a cup of coffee, no sugar," Halmeoni says with a smile.