31 - Scouted

- Sunni PoV -

Later that day

"Eh!?" My mom lets out.

After me and Jungwon's set, I came back up to my mom's room to talk about everything. 

"You missed how many days of school?!" She yells with her eyes wide. "Did I not not raise you right?!" She yells as she smacks my back a billion times.

I wince in pain. I won't fight this off, if anything, I actually miss my mom scolding me.

"How could I go to school when I didn't know if you'll live or not?" I defend pouting.

She pats her chest. "It's me you're talking about! I'm tough as nails," she brags flipping her hair.

She's back alright.

"So many people want to talk to you," I inform her. 

So far, it's only me in the ward with her. Everyone else is waiting outside.

I can only imagine the conversation she's going to have with halmeoni, but I'll leave that to her. 

Mrs. Yang seemed eager to talk with mom too. 

In our conversation prior, she did tell me she wanted to press charges against Mr. Yang, but we don't have solid proof.

"I'll let someone else talk to you," I say getting up from the edge of her bed.

She nods as I start to walk away.

"Sunniya," she calls out to me making me stop and turn around. "You were amazing today..."

I smile and give my mom a hand heart, "I love you!!"

"I love you too silly girl, now go!" She shoos me away with her hand.

I giggle leaving the ward. 

As soon as I exit, I see everyone lined up against the wall.

"You should go, I'm too nervous," Halmeoni says to Ms. Go.

"I'm sure she's eager to see you!" Ms. Go exclaims.

They go back and forth as I head towards Jungwon, Jake, and Yuni.

"Who would've had thought," I say looking back and forth between Yuni and Jake.

Yuni clings onto his arm as they smile at each other. Now that I look at it, they are a pretty perfect couple.

Jake is rather an introvert who seems like an extrovert and is all puppy and giddy like. Whereas Yuni is the extrovert who seems like an introvert and is calm and put together. They do say opposites attract...

Hmm, is that why Jungwon likes me so much? My charms are impeccably irresistible! 

"Ah! That's right! You told me you met a girl at a bakery shop," Jungwon says. "I should've known."

Jake says his head, "There's plenty of bakery shops in Seoul."

"But why were you on that side of Seoul?" Jungwon asks him. "You live like 5 minutes away from me.."

"Ah.. that's because.." Jake seems hesitant to answer. "I just happened to be on that side."

Rather sus if you ask me...

"Well, I'll come visit Ms. Kim later. It seems like the wait time is going to be long," Yuni starts to say. "Me and Jake are going on a date."

I wiggle my eyebrows at them as they start to walk off, "Have fun you two!!"