17 - Enough

Daehyun is suddenly pushed against the wall by Jungwon. 

His eyebrows are furrowed and his lips are pursed together. I've never seen Jungwon this mad before. 

"What are you doing to her?" He questions.

Daehyun puts his hands up, "Just a friendly kiss. Shouldn't you be out there with your girlfriend, Jayun?"

Jungwon scoffs, "Friendly? My ass..."

"Hyung, we didn't do anything!" Daehyun yells. 

Jungwon doesn't buy it and pushes Daehyun out the exit.

He walks back over to me still looking angry. He sits on the edge of the library's desk and exhales.

I walk over to him, "T-Thank you for defending me."

"Daehyun... that jerk... he tests my patience everyday," he says looking down.

He then looks up at me, "Are you okay?"

"Physically or emotionally?" I question back. He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Jungwon, I-" I pause. I haven't even said anything yet I feel so embarrassed.

He reaches over and grabs my hand to pull me closer to him.

"What's wrong?" He questions softly.

"This," I say pointing back and forth between the two of us.

"Jungwon, we almost..." I pause again. "Kissed up there," I continue in a whisper.

"I still need to give you my ans-"

"No," I cut him off. "Jungwon, you have a girlfriend. Whether you actually like her or not, whether you want to be in a relationship with her or not, it's not right for you to almost kiss me and then go downstairs and kiss her!"

He stands up and looks down at me, "Sunni, that was for the cameras. I didn't mean it-"

"See? And how would it make you and I look? Our whole school knows that you and Jayun are dating. Your parents, your friends, and the whole nation," I say. "Did you see how Heeseung looked at me earlier? 'Oh you're not Jayun'."

I sigh, "No matter how much I li-"

I stop myself from continuing my sentence. Though it's quite obvious that I do, in fact, like Jungwon. Saying it out into the universe is a whole different thing. 

"No matter how much you what?" He questions. "Finish your sentence."

I shake my head, "It's not important."

"To me, it is," He says softly.

"No, Jungwon... just go back to Jayun," I say before walking out.

*******

"Hey Sunni!"

"Sup Sunni!"

"How ya doing Sunni!"

I walk through the hallways of school being greeted by almost everybody. Smiling faces and many waves by so many people I've never even talked to.

What's up with this new found fame?

This is good start into the morning coming from the sleepless nights I've been having. Since Saturday, I couldn't think about anything else but Jungwon and it's driving me insane!

I wish my life was simple when I was still living in our tiny one bedroom apartment and I still attended Inhun. Life was amazing... but then I wouldn't have met Jungwon.