26 - Don't Go Breaking My Heart

- Sunni PoV -

"It's common for patients to go under memory loss when involved in heavily impacted incidents," the doctor tells me, halmeoni, and Ms. Go.

I look down at my shoes as tear drops fall down.

My mom doesn't remember me. Her only daughter...

"It'll take time for her memories to come back. Usually, memories are recovered through a remembrance of something, so I'm sure you being by her side will trigger something," he says to me.

"Doctor, Sunni is 17 and is going to be preparing for her senior year soon, she'll have to go back to school," Ms. Go says.

She wraps her arm around me slowly, "I'm sure your mom wouldn't want you to be missing a lot of school."

My mom doesn't even know she's my mom. Would it even matter?

"Visiting hours don't end until 9pm, so possibly after school?" He questions.

I don't move or anything. It's like a part of me is gone.

"Sounds perfect doctor," Ms. Go answers for me.

He bows and takes his leave.

"I know you were supposed to go back to Inhun this week, but considering your mom is signed as your only guardian, I can't do the transfer papers," Ms. Go softly says to me.

"Everything will be okay my sweet girl," Halmeoni places her hand on my cheek.

"Will it?" I snap looking up at the both of them. "What if she never gets her memory back? Huh? That lady back there doesn't love me!"

I push past them as my eyes become blurred due to the tears.

- Jungwon PoV -

"Hyung!" I answer the phone to an unexpected call from Jake. "What's up?"

"Ya.. where have you been? The school's been kind of crazy..."

I raise my eyebrows, "Really?"

"Yea... I'm worried about Sunni..."

My heart starts to beat a little faster than usual. Did the word spread that Ms. Kim was in an accident?

"We'll talk when you come back, but I have to tell you something~"

I'm worried from his previous statement. Sunni doesn't talk to anyone else at school, so who is spying?

"Oh.. what is it hyung?"

"I went to this bakery shop yesterday, and there was this cute girl running it..."

His voice fades as my father's assistant, Ms. Ahn, catches my eye. What is she doing here?

She's on her phone and there's a guy in a black suit next to her. If she's here, wouldn't that mean my dad's here? He's supposed to be out of the country... I can't help but get this weary feeling...

- 3rd Person PoV -

Mrs. Yang is seen in her office with her hair a mess, no makeup, and no heels. Out of character and out of style for sure.

She's been trying to keep up with the work of the business, and her personal lifestyle. She knows she needs to hire another assistant and a housekeeper soon, but how can she? She keeps calling Ms. Kim but no answer.

"Mrs. Yang?" Knocks her work assistant.

"Mm?" She lets out as she has her head on her desk.

"Did you know your husband is in the country?" Her assistant questions her.