27 - Blue

- Sunni PoV -

I walk into Ms. Go's café sulking. Looking down, not even paying attention where I was going. Nothing seems right anymore.

"Excuse you!" 

I quickly bow to apologize as I bumped into one of the customers. 

I'm not like this, I was never... I never imagined myself to feel so low and unenergized. 

I reach the counter where Yuni was working the cashier.

"Ya.. Kim Sunni... this isn't how I expect you to be looking when your mom finally gained consciousness," Yuni says to me.

I let out a soft sigh, "Did Ms. Go also tell you that she lost her memory?" I lean on the counter and place my cheek on my palm.

"Mm," Yuni nods. "At least she's alive... she'll be back... just have a little faith..."

"I just need to sleep on it... " my voice fades. Just thinking back to the face my mom made when I hugged her. It was like she was disgusted that a stranger was touching her. 

Yuni touches my hand making me look up at her.

"Now the Kim Sunni I know would want to do karaoke as a picker upper," She says with a bright smile.

I softly smile but it goes down quickly, "I don't know Yuni.." I then raise an eyebrow, "You seem awfully happy.."

She nods, "Not only did Ms. Kim wake up, but I met a cute boy today..." Her voice fades.

She smacks her lips, "There's something else huh?"

I'm not sure if I should tell her that Jungwon's family probably plotted against me and my mom or the other problem...

But that's when she says...

"Where's Jungwon?" She questions. "He's been attached to your side for the past few days."

I look down and start to fiddle my fingers.

"I hurt his feelings," I quietly say.

She scoffs, "Wow! Boohoo, who cares? He'll get over it and come back!"

I snap my head up to look at her. 

"Ya..." I furrow my eyebrows. "If it was the other way around you wouldn't even be saying that."

Yuni looks off to the side annoyed. I know she doesn't like him. I get the vibe every time he's with me and Yuni is in the same room. I know it's not because Jungwon is a bad person. She knows he isn't, it's something else and she's not telling me.

"I just think you shouldn't focus so much on him when your mom is in the hospital," She says pursing her lips. "And lets be honest... not every young relationship lasts...plus.. if you plan on being an idol, forget about love."

"How can you say that?!" I yell making the customers in the shop go silent.

Yuni looks around bowing her head and saying "sorry."

"I'm being honest," she whispers with a shrug.

"You don't understand," I quiet down. "Yes, he's my "boyfriend" but he's my friend first... He's helped me so much, and I repay him by being stupid."

Yuni looks down.

"I don't care if you think our relationship won't last. It may or may not... but... he'll be my friend forever whether he or YOU likes it or not," I say. 

Yuni sighs, "I'm sorry... you just," she pauses. "You rely on him so much it makes me feel like you don't need me anymore."

"What?" I question confused.