9 - Unforgiven

- Sunni PoV -

I wake up all groggily. Last night was difficult. Not only are my eyes swollen from crying my eyes out last night, but I couldn't sleep because of me constantly throwing up.

My legs are wobbly as I make my way to my vanity where the box of macaroons are sitting. I check the expiration date.

They expired 3... months... ago...

Stay calm Kim Sunni. Lets not ruin our day this early. It just doesn't make sense to why Jayun would sabotage me like this. It's not like she's dense to not check the expiration date. She's number two in our class for a reason.

Whatever. I'll confront her today. No more beating around the bush. There's something off about that girl.

The alarm on my watch goes off indicating it's time for me to head to school.

I'm late!!

I quickly do my morning routine, brushed my hair aggressively, and rushed to put on my uniform. I can't believe it. I'm never late!

"Kim Sunni!!" I hear my mom scream from downstairs. She's the reason why I'm always punctual.

I grab my backpack and run downstairs to an angry mother. 

"Kim Sunni, do you know what time it is?" She asks me as she hands me my lunch bag.

"Gotta go!" I ignore her question as I wave goodbye.

As I'm exiting the door, I jump to see Jungwon  leaning on the wall. What is he still doing here?

"About time," he says then starts walking. Confusion.

I do a little jog to catch up to him, "Aren't you supposed to be at school by now?"

He looks at me up and down, "Someone was late."

I gasp. I start touching his forehead and his cheeks with the back of my hand. 

He moves his head away from me, "Ya, stop touching me."

"Are you running a fever? Because you never... ever wait for me," I say.

He sighs, "Anymore calls from you-know-who?" He ignores my previous statement.

"I haven't turned my phone back on... I don't think I even want to," I answer quietly.

"So..." he takes a second to continue. "Do you still like Jongseong?"

"I feel like I do, but I don't think he likes me. I'm two years younger than him for crying out loud," I let out a fake laugh. Yes, lets just laugh through the pain. 

The scene of him and Yuni keeps replaying in my head though. It's just crazy that my best friend, a friend who was like a sister, kissed the guy I've been crushing on for forever. I just wonder what made her think it was okay to do so. She broke the girl code.

"Why?" I look at him slyly. I nudge him, "Is Jungwonie jealous?" I tease in aegyo to try to lift up the mood.

He scoffs and pushes me. I gasp and push him back. 

"Oh?" he says in shock. He pushes me again.

"Oh?!" I then say and start to pinch both of his cheeks.

"Ya ya ya ya!!" He shouts in pain and tries to remove my fingers. I let out an evil laugh as I squish his soft cheeks. 

"What do you think you're doing Kim Sunni?"

I freeze while pinching Jungwon's cheeks. I turn my head to see that not only were we on campus already, but to see Jayun standing with her books in her hands.