8 - My Heart Is All Weird

"Seriously Kim Sunni?!" Shouts my mom.

We're in my room, Monday morning. She's been yelling at me non stop for the past 15 minutes, because I forgot to go help Ms. Go at the bakery yesterday.

I was just too distracted on Jungwon yesterday. To think I was finally going to practice super hard for my dreams. I was already looking up auditions so me and Jungwon can enter. For him to take back his word affected me.

"And what's this?" She touches my hoodie that I bought yesterday, instant regret.

"I give you allowance money and you decide to act up!" She yells. "Last time I'll do that!"

"I said I'm sorry," I pout fiddling my fingers. 

"Say sorry to Ms. Go when you go to the bakery shop after school today," she demands.

"But mom I have to-" I stop myself. I almost forgot I didn't tell her about the Daehyun thing.

"Have to what? Sing? Dance? Kim Sunni how many times do I have to tell you to knock that fantasy out of your head and choose a job that'll get you money!" She yells.

I pout, "I was going to say homework.."

"Ah, whatever whatever! Get ready for school!" She walks out of the room angrily.

I let out  a sigh. Nothing is going my way at all. 

I go over to my vanity and start combing my hair. As I'm doing so, I notice the uneaten macaroons Jayun gave me. I could really use one right now.

I eat two macaroons and they were delicious! I'm gonna have to ask her where she got them from.

I finish getting ready and head off to school!

*******

"Hey Jayun!" I greet with a wave. 

I look around the classroom to see Jungwon already seated in his seat reading a book. Doesn't even bother to wait for me or anything. 

I glare at him even though he's not looking at me. Gosh, I really do hate his guts right now.

"You good?" Asks Jayun as I sit down.

I nod, "Some people are just jerk faces!" I nearly shout then turn around to make eye contact with Jungwon.

He rolls his eyes and goes back to reading. No sign of sympathy to be found. Not one bit.

"Does that include me your highness?" Says Daehyun as he turns around in his seat. Not him again.

"If the shoe fits wear it," I snap at him. How far is graduation again? I just want to leave here as soon as possible.

"You know guys would actually find you a little bit cute if only your personality  wasn't so ugly," comments Daehyun.

"And girls would find you charming if you didn't prioritize your time scheming," I comment back.

He then covers his mouth in a shocked expression, "Oh honey... they already do!"

"Attention!" We all stand up and bow to our teacher from Jungwon's demand.

"Sit sit," Says Ms. Lee. "I have you guys pop quiz scores from last week!"

The class groans.

"I bet top score is either number one Jungwon or number two Jayun," Daehyun comments. Most of the class agrees.

I look over at Jayun, "I didn't know you were number two in our class."

She shrugs, "After school study pays off." She looks at me in a snobby way. What is she trying to say?