30 - Meet Him Among Them

- Jungwon PoV -

I lean on the wall watching Sunni wash the dishes as she whistles to a song happily. 

He planned on murdering Ms. Kim

What my mom said is what I initially thought, but for her to actually confirm puts a sour taste in my mouth. My father is evil, probably more evil than the devil.

I'm glad Ms. Kim is still alive, because I couldn't imagine seeing this light fade out. It would be heartbreaking. 

It puts a few weights off my shoulders knowing mom is going to divorce dad. She said it's going to be a whole process, but we'll escape. Knowing that makes me think about what Sunni was telling me.

I quietly sneak up behind Sunni and wrap my arms around her.

"Yang Jungwon~" She says cutely.

"Mm?" I place my chin on the top of her head.

"You know I love you, right?" She questions. All of a sudden?

"Mhm," I answer then placing my head on her shoulder.

She turns her head to look at me. 

"And you love me?" She questions softly.

I nod looking into her eyes.

She suddenly turns her whole body around and grabs me by the collar.

"Then tell me your secret little plan of yours Yang Jungwon!" She demands.

I thought I'd never see this feisty attitude again.

I put my hands up as she squints her eyes at me. 

"I'm not telling you until you act nice," I answer.

She immediately lets go of my collar and straightens my shirt out softly.

"Oppa!~" She suddenly does aegyo. "Will you tell me your plans? Please please please?~"

I look at her up and down.

Not after that...

I start to walk away from her but she grabs my arm.

"Ya!" She yells. 

"I said act nice.. not... disturbing," I frown at her.

"Why? You don't like me calling you oppa?~" She does her aegyo and starts to "cutely" hit my chest.

"Hmm?" she lets out with a pout as she hits me again.

I scoff. Gosh, she's really nutty. I love her.

- Sunni PoV -

After Jungwon helps me wash the dishes, even though he almost broke a few, we come back to the guest bedroom where we're seated facing each other.

Jungwon's mother went to the store to pick up fruit with halmeoni, so it's just us two. 

Perfect for him to tell me his little plan.

What are you not telling me Yang Jungwon?

"Okay!" He claps his hands together. "I think I may know a way for you to trigger your mom's memories."

My eyes widen from his response. I don't know what I was expecting? I guess I felt like he was playing around with me, but... he wasn't.

"Jungwon..." I quietly say.

 They say men raised by their grandmothers are the most precious. Jungwon just proved that statement.

"You're going to sing for her and the hospital," he drops.