13 - Liar Liar Pants On Fire

I don't know how to feel. I'm not sure if I feel mad, sad, or even jealous.. Jealous? Who am I kidding? I think out of all things I feel angry for him. If it was anyone else, then fine! But Jayun?

I sat in Jayun's old seat. Just last Friday, me and Jungwon were sitting together.

I would steal his pencils even though I had like 5 in my pencil pouch. I would look over at his notes just in case I missed something. I would practically beg for him to buy me soda or I even share my lunch with him...

I already miss it. Now I'm stuck using my own pencil, looking over nobody's notes, and I'm going to eat alone.

Last night I did hear screaming coming from Jungwon's room. I heard a husky male voice also, probably his dad. I wonder what his parents said to them for Jungwon to be acting this way towards me.

"Before you guys leave today, I'm going to announce the students who signed up for the Fall talent show," Ms. Lee announces at the end of the school day.

"After I call you guys names, make sure to tell me what talent you're doing. If you're performing to a song, let me know the song so by the time for rehearsal's, we'll have the song ready for you guys," she explains.

Oh. No.

I signed me and Jungwon up as a duo. I didn't know I was going to basically lose him as a friend today, so I don't know what to do!

Ms. Lee starts calling a few kids from our class...

"Jayun," she then announces. Jayun goes up to her and whispers her talent to her.

Jayun starts walking back to her seat and flips her hair as she passes by me. Pft, she thinks she's all that now she has Jungwon in the bag.

"Next up is.." Ms. Lee starts to say. "Sunni and Jungwon..."

I wince as I slowly turn my head to look at Jungwon who's looking at me with wide eyes.

"Sorry," I mouth then stand up to go up to Ms. Lee.

"Yang Jungwon?" Ms. Lee calls out to him.

He soon comes up. He looks down at me, "Really? Kim Sunni?" He whispers.

"So what are you two doing?" Ms. Lee asks in a whisper.

"Duet," I say not even looking for Jungwon's approval.

"Song?" She then questions.

I didn't even think of a song. Nevertheless, we both didn't. Gosh, I'm so unprepared-

"Some by Soyou and Junggigo," Jungwon suddenly whispers.

Ms. Lee nods, "Good to go!"

I look up at Jungwon who completely ignores my gaze and walks back to his seat. I've never heard of that song before...

"Alright class, I'll see you guys tomorrow!" Ms. Lee says as I sit down.

"Ya! Kim Sunni!" Shouts an obvious Jayun as soon as Ms. Lee leaves.

I roll my eyes. I knew this girl was going to say something.

As soon as I turn my head to face her, she slaps me on my cheek. The class erupts in gasps and whispers.

I instantly get up. "Ya!!" I shout at her as I hold my cheek.

"Waa, you really are a bitch huh!!" She yells at me.

My jaw drops, "B-Bitch? Pardon your language, but that's one thing you can't describe me as!"

"Oh really? Well how about boyfriend stealer, huh? Because that's exactly what you're doing!" She shouts as she glares at me.