23 - Sweet & Sour

- Sunni PoV -

"Hello, Kim Sunni, you've been cordially invited to afternoon tea with Mrs. Yang, this upcoming Monday..."

My eyes widen from the sudden message. Why the sudden invite? Doesn't she hate me?

I look at Jungwon who's been staring at me this whole time as he was eating. I'm sure he doesn't know about this, and if he did, he would be raging...

"Mrs. Yang forbids you to speak on this with Yang Jungwon. She'll see you tomorrow..."

I hang up the phone, speechless. I only got to say "hello" and that's it. I didn't get to decline or anything. In fact, I don't want to go. Why would I have tea with a woman who claimed I wasn't worthy?

"Who was it?" Jungwon asks always curious.

I'm conflicted to answer. I want to tell him, because why would I hide the truth to Jungwon? But if I tell him now, would it ruin the day? Mentioning his parents always changes his mood.

"Spam," I lied.

He squints his eyes at me and his eyebrows twitch. He's on to me. Never would I thought no one else besides Yuni would be able to read my mind, but it turns out Jungwon 100 percent can, and he's accurate all the time.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" He questions still with squinting eyes.

Sunni, pull it off. Do something!

"I have the biggest crush on you," I reply innocently.

He freezes then lets out a giggle. Got him!

"I think I figured that out a while ago," he says with his cheeks flushed.

He leans in closer to me, "I was thinking before we have to go to the amusement park... we can go to the beach?" He asks quite hesitantly. "Only, if you're okay with it."

I give him a soft smile, "Yang Jungwon.. I'm fine..."

He keeps staring at me trying to look for a deeper answer through my eyes. What is he not believing?

I then lean in closer to him, "I'm fine... besides, I want to spend every second with you before I can't do that anymore."

I get him to smile. Gosh, I do love that dimple of his.

I notice his eyes looking at my lips then back to my eyes.

I roll my eyes, "Am I that irresistible?"

He lets out an airy laugh.

"Mhm, too irresistible," he replies kind of catching me off guard. Usually he'll make a savage remark, but this... this is quite straightforward for it being this early in the morning.

"Gosh, if the girls at Daeil heard you, I would literally get jumped the next second," I say making him laugh again, but I'm like totally serious. They so would!

"Our first kiss was literally the other day..." I pause. "You just really like my lips huh?"

I then pucker my lips at him jokingly but he starts leaning in.

"Ya..." I push his lips away with my fingers. "Are you crazy?!"

He smirks, "A little bit."

I let out a sigh and do a "tsk" sound. "You're acting as if I was your first kiss, I know I'm not."

"Well... I don't count Jayun being my first kiss because it was purely forced," He replies putting his finger to his lips. I'm starting to notice his cute little habits, especially when he's in his thinking mode.