35 - Still With You

6 months later

"Former CEO Yang Jaehwan who was arrested for attempted murder and sentenced to 30 years in prison may just be staying there for the rest of his life," the newscaster informs.

"The police found evidence of tax fraud through his company and illegal drugs that were hidden in Yang's secretary desk," the newscaster continues. "Both of which who have been sentenced are now going to face another trial while their company is in ruins."

Mom turns off the TV and faces me.

"Kim Sunni, aren't you supposed to be at the company already?" She questions me putting her hair in a ponytail. 

"Mom!!" I whine laying down on the couch in my hippo pajamas. "This is my daily dose of serotonin!!"

She rolls her eyes, "You're so silly that happened months ago! I can't believe you taped it."

I laugh, "Doesn't it give you the satisfaction? Our enemy sentenced for life? Like how amazing is that, and his little mistress too! Gosh, she really thought she could get away with it."

My mom puts on her new watch.

"Rolex?" I ask wide eyed. "Ever since you and Ms. Go started the franchise you've been looking like a million bucks."

Mom scoffs, "If I'm making a million bucks why not dress like a million bucks."

I put my hands up, "Well excuse me."

"I have to go," She says grabbing her purse. "Get dressed! You have a busy week!"

She leaves our home leaving me alone, splattered across our couch.

I look up at the ceiling in my own world. Crazy how the past 6 months been.

Mrs. Yang... oops.. I mean Ms. Jeong helped mom with the lawsuit and won and even got half of Mr. Yang's savings. The other half was split between mom, Ms. Go, and Ms. Jeong's children.

Mom and Ms. Go used the money to franchise Ms. Go's café. In a span of 6 months, there's 10 locations all across Korea. Not only that, Ms. Go published a baking book and even launched her own coffee.

Now they're working on launching their own products like a coffee machine, baking utensils, and so much more. 

They were able to renovate the original café into their own company, so now we live in an actual house near HYBE... all five of us.. Halmeoni, mom, Ms. Go, Yuni, and me.

I usually don't come home that often actually since I have to stay in the dorm...

A month ago, HYBE reached out to me, Bora, Hana, Lena, and Areum to create their first girl group, EVITA!! 

Our name means life or breathe. The company said we will bring a new life or wonder into the kpop world with our concept being whimsical and magical.

They haven't gave us our debut date yet. For now, we've been working on our vocals and our dance skills.

Gosh, who would've thought I would make it this far!

I rush to change into sweats and head over to my second home, HYBE.

Now that me and my members are going to debut, we're considered artists now and get to access so many things we weren't allowed to before.

"Hello my beautiful ladies!" I enter the room with jazz hands.

"There's our girl," says Areum, the oldest and the lead vocalist.

"She's doing jazz hands isn't she?" Questions a sleeping Lena who's our second oldest and our lead dancer.