Chapter 54

Third Person POV

"Brute, how are you?" bungad ni Elijah pagkalapit palang nito sa kanyang pwesto. Xane took another sip of his tequila and stare at the glass shot. 

He's making a circle around the mouth of the glass. "Fine," he said shortly. He's not in the mood to talk. 

"Oh c'mon. I know you're miserable right now" who cares? Nothing new. 

"Then why bother to ask?" Sometimes, people ask even if they already know the answer. For what? To make sure that he's really suffering? 

"Why don't you tell her the truth?" Elijah seated on his side angle. This time, he took the bottle of vodka and drank it straight. 

"Damn" Elijah cursed. Yes, he's been drinking these past 2 months of his life. Alcohol became his friend to run to. Different hard alcohols. 

"C'mon bud--"

"Stop, Elijah. There's no use of nagging" he shook his head. After Havoc and Serene's problem, his became worse. Amanda's still avoiding him. She's still hanging with her classmates and still talking to Tauzon. What else can he do? Nothing. Nothing but to wait. 

"Why not? Even me, I was very disappointed with you when I learned what happened from Emerald. I know men in nature, they are easy to seduce. That's why I concluded, I didn't expect that it was not like that" Elijah was disappointed but in the back of his mind he concluded. Concluded that he really did make that terrible mistake. Well, he really did. 

Jett is probably laughing at him right now. He smiled bitterly. Words are really powerful and so cursed. 
"Bud, why don't you want to say the truth?" pagpipilit ng kaibigan. Hindi niya maiwasang mapatawa ng mahina. 

"What's the use, Elijah? The done is done." 

"Done your face. Buddy, you are drugged by that bitch. What the f.ck are you talking about "what's the use?" hell you, pare. "Maybe he can use his medeco legally to prove his innocence in court. But what about in the law of relationship? Nah, strictly not. The ends don't justify the means. That's what he gets for being careless.

"I'll go ahead." tumayo siya pero bago pa makahakbang palayo ay napigilan na siya ng kaibigan. 

"Kaya mo ba magmaneho?" Xane's head nodded. He's been driving drunk lately. Good thing he was not caught by the cops. He's still lucky despite living like a marionette. 

Nagpatuloy si Xane sa paglalakad hanggang sa makarating siya sa kanyang sasakyan. Bumili siya ng bago para hindi malaman ni Amanda na sa kanya ang sasakyang nakaparada sa tapat ng apartment nito kung saan din siya nakatira pansamanta. As he bought the apartment next to Amanda's gave the chance to at least monitor her time to time. And it's like a hell knowing that Tauzon always driving her home. Mali ata ang naging desisyon niya. 

But he's still tryin', hoping that Amanda will forgive him. He really doesn't know what was gotten to her. He thought if he confessed his feelings, Amanda would at least give some consideration. But she didn't. She is still avoiding him. 

Pagkarating niya sa Apartment ay sakto ang pagparada ng pamilyar na sasakyan. 'Another hell to encounter' he thought while staring at the two person going out from the car.

Ilang metro lang ang layo ng sa kanya kaya kitang-kita niya kung paano ngumiti ang dalaga sa lalaking kasama. 

"I used to be in that position.." mahinang bulong niya 

 "I used to drive her home," pinakatitigan niya ang dalawa ng tumawa si Amanda dahil may sinabi si Sebastian.

"I used to make her laugh," maliit siyang ngumiti. Xane didn't notice a lone tear falling from his eyes.