Prologue: Goodbye

*Story takes place a bit after the most recent volume as a sudden change alters Ayanokouji's plans for the future*

What a pleasant surprise. At the conclusion of my 2nd year, my father suffered a heart attack which has left him bedridden in a nearby hospital. Finally, my chance of escape. He knew my location here, but, he wouldn't know about my location as easily in another part of Japan, more preferably the coast. Since his attempt to bring me to the white room with Tsukushiro failed, he doesn't have any inside personnel watching me aside from Amasawa, a Kouhai from the white room. However, since she is on my side, I didn't have to worry about her for now. I needed to work quickly and effectively.

I spoke with the reinstated director of the school, Sayanakagi's uncle, and he agreed with my proposal and allocated funds necessary to drop out and relocate myself to a more conservative part of Japan near the coast of a peninsula. I would take a cab to the city as it was connected to the Japanese mainland. All I needed to do was submit my official drop-out form and bid farewell to a specific individual.

So the next day, I sent in a drop out form to my homeroom teacher to which she had little to say. Therefore, it only made sense to make my point from the start.

Me: If you're worried about the class rank, don't be. It's in pretty capable hands. As long as you continue on with the progress you are making, the class should rise from class D to class A by the end of this. But, then again, it's not my problem. I am going to a normal school after all, for my final year.

All she could do was nod as I got up from the guidance room we discussed this in and walked out. I'm glad I don't have to deal with her anymore.

...

I went towards my dorm as there was a person standing there, my girlfriend Kei.

Kei: So what did you want to talk about, Kiyo?

I knelt down to her as I didn't bring my head up. She was confused and a bit embarrassed.

Kei: W-What are you doing, Kiyo?!!!!

Me: I'm saying goodbye and asking for your forgiveness.

Kei stood there as her face grew black and red with anger as she grabbed me off the ground and looked at me with tears in her eyes.

Kei: what do you mean?

Me: I mean I am leaving this school and going to another. The main reason I chose this school was for a personal reason but now that it's been altered, I have no reason to stay here any longer.

I held her hands as she calmed down but continued to cry.

Kei: So what?! Your just going to break up with me! How could you...

She cried into my arms as I noticed there was people coming around. I opened my door and threw us both inside as I locked it. I then gave a response to her question.

Me: It's over. I have no reason to pursue a relationship with you any longer. I was hoping that you would show me the purpose of love, but in actuality, it hasn't happened. I apologize for springing you along, but it's fine since you won't have anything to do with me now. After all, I will be in a separate part of Japan entirely.

I needed to be firm, and lie. I had planned to break up with her by the end of our third year, but now that it has come to this, it's better this happen now then later on when our relationship had accumulated a year.

Kei looked at my face and saw that I was serious.

Kei: B-But I don't understand-

It seems I need to be a bit meaner in regards to my affirmation.