Chapter 27: Christmas Eve With Senpai

*****Just to Clarify, Hayase is Nagatoro's first name in case you didn't know*****

*Christmas Break*

A month has passed from my stay at the hospital, and as per Nagatoro's words, she has not left my side outside of school. I've set a bedroom where she has been staying and she seems to enjoy it. Arisu, already knowing this was occurring, pointed out that we looked like a newlywed couple that recently moved in together. 

Of course, I asked her what her parents said regarding this. Apparently, no one is currently in her house since her parents were on business trips outside in other cities and her brother and older sister were at college.

However, that all changed when we were walking back home one day from the convenience store. 

It was chilly and snow was starting to fall, covering the streets. I planned on making a chicken broth at my apartment, as Nagatoro was walking ahead of me, wanting to rush home. 

Nagatoro: Come on, senpai! I wanna eat already!

Me: It's not a race. I don't want to ruin the ingredients we just bought. 

Nagatoro: You're so slow, hahaha!

Sighing, I continued walking as we reached my apartment complex. 

Nagatoro: Senpai, it's almost Christmas! I can't wait to see what you got me!

Me: Then I better go and buy it soon.

Surprised she playfully started hitting me. 

Nagatoro: You mean you didn't get me anything yet?! Don't you know Christmas is coming in a few days?!

Me: I know. 

Nagatoro: And then we'll have to go back to school after the new year and you'll be preoccupied with your tournament!

Oh right, I forgot to mention that our last 6 games were completed for this segment of the season. The tournament, or Winter Tournament, as people call it, will begin in the second week of January and finishes at the end of the month. 3 group stage games, 3 elimination games, and 1 championship game. I've also been told scouts would be there, even some from the United States. But, of course, this meant nothing. I'll merely play for the sake of it. 

And then after the tournament, I'd have to wait until April for the basketball season to come back and we would try and participate in that tournament as well. But, I'll stick to the present. 

Me: I'll make time. For all you know we might not make it past the group stages. 

Nagatoro: Senpai! I told you not to be negative! Be positive for a bit! You might see your life change right before your eyes!

I guess I can be optimistic that this Christmas will be great. 

Walking up the steps towards my apartment, a man in a giant fur coat stood in front of my door. 

Me: So I think about something positive and optimistic for a single second, and I have to deal with a suspicious-looking figure outside my apartment. 

Nagatoro: Don't worry, Senpai! Leave it to me!

Marching towards the figure, he didn't turn, as if it was stuck standing right there on the door. 

Nagatoro: This is Senpai's apartment, so if you do-

After looking at the figure's face, she screamed. 

Nagatoro: AAAH!!!     

I went over looked at the figure, revealing her big brother.