Chapter 15: I Just Keep Seeing Old Faces

Waking up earlier than normal, at around 5am, I got out of bed as Nagatoro slept on the other side, with all of the blankets tugged towards her side. But I wasn't cold during the night so it didn't matter. I left Nagatoro to sleep there. 

Ever since the firework display, she's been coming by more and more. We play video games, drawing each other, pretend box fighting, and just watching movies. It's been pretty fun. Due to this, whenever she's in my apartment, she would call her parents and let them know she's sleeping over at a friends house. And if we hang out at her house, I always seem to find a way out through either a window, or the back door prior to her parents coming in. It's been pretty fun for these few weeks. 

School has been boring. I've participated in sports during PE, nothing else. And President and I are working on a joint painting she says will take the last 2 months of school this year. It's a painting of me in a butler uniform with President nude.  

Now, I was opposed to this at first, since I promised to Nagatoro she'd be the only model I'd be painting, but it seems to be going well as I am chalking it off to a joint drawing during art club. Once it's done, it'll be the last action the President has on the club or for anything in school since she'll be graduating. She already has a college she got accepted in and is moving to Tokyo once the year ends.

And here I am, now going out for my usual 5 am jog. I exit the apartment, wearing sweatpants and a shirt, as I go do my usual 1 km run prior to my bath and breakfast. I've been living at this apartment for more than 4 months and I've gotten accustomed to my neighbors, especially the 3 families with single moms who think I'm in my mid 20s. But it looks like they're still sleeping today. 

There's a nice park I love to walk by that always has people just walking around with their pets or small kids playing with their friends. It's really kind of peaceful that way. It has been like this ever since I've gotten accustom to life here.  

Returning, I went up the stairs and entered my apartment, preparing to take a shower before making breakfast. 

Grabbing a white towel, I go back to my room in order to get my uniform I had ironed earlier yesterday for today. 

Passing the bed, she was still asleep. Her snores were adorable as they were like little chirps from a bird. 

Me: It's still too early. I'll wake you up after I change. 

Grabbing my uniform and putting my dirty one in the laundry basket, I head for the shower. 

...

Exiting, now in my uniform, I go over to the still sleeping Nagatoro, and come closer to her forehead. As I inch closer, she moves a bit in my bed. With a single flick to the forehead, she jolted up in 'pain'.

Nagatoro: OW! Senpai, why do you have to be so mean?!

Me: It's 6 and you need to shower and change. Clean up here and breakfast will be ready when you finish changing. 

Nagatoro: But isn't it my turn for breakfast?

Me: I don't want the first thing I eat in the day to be my last. 

Pointing at me, she screamed at me.

Nagatoro: What's that suppose to mean?!

Me: Nothing. Just a joke. I've learned to make a few good ones lately. 

Nagatoro: If you could even call them jokes. 

Picking up pillows from the ground, Nagatoro asked me a question. 

Nagatoro: What are you gonna make today, senpai?

Me: Instant Ramen

Nagatoro: WHAT?!