Chapter 18: Senpai! Don't Study Without Me! Pt 1

Suchiro: Senpai?!

Me: Looks like you're getting better. I thought I'd visit. 

Nagatoro: And I came too!

Suchiro: Well, you didn't need to do that. I'm going back to school tomorrow anyway. 

Me: I guess you also heard about the team losing in the second round right?

Suchiro nodded. 

Suchiro: It was bound to happen. Our team sucks. 

Me: Not for long. 

Suchiro: Huh?

Nagatoro: Senpai wanted to tell you himself since he thought it'd cheer you up. 

Me: Since I broke our agreement, and for no other reason besides that, I'll be playing for my last year. 

Suchiro got up in excitement.

Suchiro: REALLY!!!!

Me: Yeah. Just don't make too much of a big deal with it. The last thing I'd like to do is continue put more gas into the fire that I'm currently in. 

Suchiro: That's amazing! With you there, we might have a shot next year! We might be able to get better players too!

Me: Alright , alright. Let's not think about that now. Recover for today so you can come back to school. It's been 3 weeks and finals are coming up. 

Suchiro: Oh, crap!

Me: You better have been studying all that time here. 

Suchiro: I was playing video games and watching animes Nagatoro showed me!

Nagatoro: Haha. 

Me: Well, good luck with that, Suchiro. We just came by to say hi. We'll see each other tomorrow. 

Nagatoro: Take care, Suchiro. 

Suchiro: Oh, sorry. I must have interrupted your date, right?

Nagatoro turned red. 

Nagatoro: No! We were just going home together since we live close by. 

Suchiro smirked. 

Suchiro: Sure. 

I put my hand on Nagatoro's shoulder as I waived to him. 

Me: Well, we'll be going now. 

Going to the front door, we thanked his mom for allowing us to visit him as we left their apartment. 

Nagatoro: So, Senpai, wanna go watch a movie?

Me: No, I can't. I already have something booked. 

Nagatoro was confused. 

Nagatoro: Booked? What's booked?

Me: Oh, I don't think I've had the time to tell you. I spoke with some of your friends regarding final exams. After they lied and told me they were doing fine, Sakura showed me their test papers, revealing a top score of 30 from the bunch. They weren't great. 

Nagatoro: And?

Me: So, Sakura then asked me if I could help them study in order to pass their finals, I agreed to do it today at her house. 

Nagatoro: Why did you agree to help them?!! You idiot! Now we won't get to hang out on the one day we have completely off. 

Me: I thought since they were your best friends, that by helping them, you all can go to the next grade smoothly. I assumed I was doing a nice thing. Was I wrong?