Chapter 9: I Don't Believe I'll Experience My Peaceful Life Anytime Soon!

Nagatoro's mother: Sweetie! Don't tell me you're already asleep?

Footsteps were heard as they were coming to Nagatoro's room. 

Nagatoro: What are we gonna do?!!!

Me: I have a plan.

Nagatoro: You do?

Me: Yes 

I gently got off of Nagatoro who still seemed a bit out of it, as footsteps were heard of them walking up the stairs. 

I looked over and saw her window. We were on the second floor, but it should be fine.

I opened the window as I signaled for her to get back inside her bed. 

Nagatoro: Are you an idiot, senpai?! You'll hurt yourself?!!

Me: I won't. I'll see you tomorrow then, Nagatoro.

Nagatoro: W-wait...

I didn't listen, as the door swung open. But before I was seen, I had already jumped. Falling down a floor, I cartwheeled on the ground, right through their lawn and an the border of their grass, as I got up. I saw a light turn on in Nagatoro's room, as I ran in the direction of my home. 

...

...

...

I woke up from my sleep to the sound of an alarm clock. I grumbled as I got up, touching my face. I guess Nagatoro wasn't the only one who couldn't control themselves. 

I got up and did my usual routine for the start of my day. The events from the previous day were still clear to me, in some capacity. However, I simply put them in the back of my mind, as I always did. 

Leaving my apartment, I walked to school, and despite my willingness to forget the events of last night, I couldn't. And for some reason, whenever I remember her family interrupting us, I get somewhat agitated. As I was walking, for example, I slammed my fist into a metal pole, alleviating some of my tense attitude. 

Walking away, I heard the remarks of the couple walking past me. 

???: What was his problem?

???: Wait, look at this! He dented it!

???: There's no way, it's metal. It was probably already like that. 

On the way to school, however, I saw two men in white, completely separated from the rest of the ongoing crowd. They might have been in their mid-30s as they wore sunglasses with dark-tinted-shades. And on their right jacket pocket, was none other than a black insignia. It seems I have already been compromised.

I tried walking past them, but they stopped me, silently so as to not track or increase attention towards us. 

Operative 1: Enough with your little charade. Just because Professor Ayanokouji is still in a coma, doesn't constitute your behavior. 

Operative 2: You were stupid to leave that protective school and migrate over to this island school with little-to-no protection. How long did you think you had?

I sighed. However, I was able to confirm one thing: my father was still in a coma. And that's all that matters. 

Me: So, this means you two are acting on your own, correct?

The two were confused. 

Me: It's just as I thought. You two thought you could bring me back to that place and potentially get a reward for your trouble. Well, my father was never really like that. All he does is keep his possessions caged up, after all.