Chapter 22: A Day of Bliss For Two Childhood Friends Pt 1

Ayanokouji POV

Nagatoro: Hey, Senpai! I'm coming over soon!

Me: As much as I'd like that, I can't today. 

Nagatoro was confused. 

Nagatoro: Why? You got plans with someone else?

Me: It's more like something I had already planned with someone to set up. I'll be out of town.

Nagatoro: O-Ok. 

Me: We still have 2 more weeks of Summer Vacation. So, I'll probably see you either tomorrow or in a few days. 

Nagatoro: Alright Senpai! It's not like I always need to hang out with you or anything. 

Me: You're right. Hang out with your friends some more. I'll make it up. 

Nagatoro: Ok, Senpai. Bye!

Me: Bye

I finished my call with Nagatoro. 

And with this, my doorbell rang. I grabbed my duffel bag and a hat, as I opened the door. 

It was none other than Arisu. 

Arisu: So, Kiyo, are you ready?

Me: I have my stuff. Let's go. 

Smiling she grabbed my arm as I helped her down the steps towards her limousine awaiting us. 

Opening the door, she entered, as did I. And just like that, we were on our way to her vacation house, 2 hours away. 

...

I didn't go on this trip because I was essentially thrilled about it, quite the contrast. However, despite my assumptions that our little charade didn't work against Nagatoro's brother, I did tell her I'd owe something. So it was my job to fulfill it.

Flashback... 

On that night, right after Nagatoro and her brother left, we had a little chat over some tea regarding what she wanted. And this is what she came up with: a one time 1-2 day trip to her acclaimed vacation house she mentioned about when I was still at my previous school. 

 Me: A trip?

Arisu: Why not? I'm always alone during my usual family trips there and I very much prefer some sort of company. 

Me: Fine. I don't mind. When do you want to schedule this?

Arisu smiled.

Arisu: Well, my father is going to be staying there for a week or two in a few days, taking in the nice weather. So why don't we go there when he's coming back to tend to his work?

Suspicious. 

Me: So it'll just be the two of us then, coupled with your butlers?

Arisu shook her head in denial. 

Arisu: Oh, you see, since I'll already have someone there who is much more reliable than a mere butler, we'll have the entire home to ourselves~.

I sighed.

Me: Fine. Not like I have much of a choice. 

She continued to smile. Getting up from my lap, she carefully held her skirt down, in a rather teasing mannerism.  

Arisu: Excellent. Well then, let's go to bed~

I stopped her right there. 

Me: Call your limousine. Don't think you're going to spend the night here.