Chapter 16: A Fragile, Little Girl

*Flashback Continues*

Me: Ok, let's all relax. There see?

I took off my arm around Arisu only for her to bring it in again. 

Arisu: We're perfectly calm, right, Nagatoro?

Sighing, I took off Arisu's arm for a second time as she smiled and stood next to me. This seemed to calm down Nagatoro as she continued to look at Arisu as if she was trespassing on something she owned. 

Grabbing my hand, Nagatoro made me run with her away, as I looked back to see Arisu giggling and walking away. 

We continued to run until she pulled me in a classroom. 

Very tired, she looked at me, as I retained the same emotionless face I always show everyone. 

Nagatoro: Is she really your childhood friend?

I nodded. 

Me: Not exactly. More like, our parents were friends and we were allowed to hang out as kids together. She was also in my previous school.

Nagatoro nodded.

Nagatoro: And it wasn't anything more than that?

Me: Not at all. Since she's the smartest person I know aside from myself, we always played chess together, but aside from that, not much else. 

Letting me go, I sighed. 

Me: She was trying to rile you up. In my previous highschool, she seemed to do that on a regular basis with her own class. Everything is boring to her besides our little contests, so she passes the time by asserting her mental dominance over everyone she comes in contact with. 

Nagatoro: So she grabbed and hugged your arms like that in highschool?

Me: No. But she liked to tease with a smile on her face. In that regard, you to are similar. 

Nagatoro: What?! You think the two of us are similar?

Me: I do. Except, you only seem to like teasing me.

Nagatoro went red. 

Nagatoro: Huh?!

Me: Maybe it's just satisfying to see my reaction but it seems you only take some effort when you want to tease me. I could be wrong though. 

Nagatoro: S-Stop changing the subject!

I sighed. 

Me: Fine. Let me give you some piece of mind. She told me she was going to be here for a single day only, as a visit of some kind. 

So she could listen to these next words, I moved my face closer to hers, as the people around us started to giggle at the sight. 

Nagatoro: Y-You don't hav-

Me: Under no circumstance, should you interact with her anymore today.

Nagatoro: Huh?

Me: What she says will only make more trouble. She always seemed to find the things that struck home the most in a conversation which irritated me. 

Nagatoro: So if I see her around, I what, ignore her?

Me: Exactly. I don't mean to bring this up, but she's disabled so getting away from her is frankly very eas-

Slamming her fist into the top of my head, I sighed. 

Nagatoro: Don't go making fun of her being disabled. My first impression says I hate her guts but I'm not a monster.