Chapter 6: New Friends Love to Tease!

After the game, I made my way into the locker room, where The Coach ran up to me. 

Coach: Kid, WAIT!

I stopped and looked at him as he seemed to wear a large smile.

Coach: You're IT, kid!!!!

Me: It?

Coach: Exactly!!!! You're the best player I've ever seen! And you're just a second year right?

Me: I am.

Coach: Then how about you join our team permanently? 

Huh? A permanent role? But I already have duties to fulfill with one club. 

Me: Um, sir, I'd like to-

Coach: You don't have to say right now!!! I'll give you the week to give me an answer!! And it better be yes!!!

Me: But I was going-

Coach: Now see you, superstar!

He slapped me across my back as my teammates congratulated me. 

Sukiro: 79 points!!!! I can't believe it!

Me: Whatever, so the favor's completed, correct?

Sukiro: Oh right, yeah. 

Me: Then now, you are indebted to me. 

Sukiro: I guess I am, senpai.

Me: Whenever I ask for you're assistance, you are to answer it immediately.

Sukiro: Yes, senpai!

Me: Here, put your name on this.

I handed him a piece of paper. 

Sukiro: Why did you want me to sign-

He put his name down as I opened it up, revealing it to be a contract, ensnaring him in my web. Having a once-in-a-life-time slave might come handy in the future. 

Sukiro: A contract!!!

Me: Relax. It's only a one-time use. I just wanted to make sure it was official. 

Sukiro: Senpai, you're kind of insane, aren't you?

Me: I guess so. I adapted this strategy somewhat from an annoying girl from my previous school where she duped me with food. But in this case, I gave you something and in return you give me something. It's a win-win. 

Sukiro: Jeez, she must have been pretty shifty to get one over you, senpai. 

Me: You could say that. 

But let's not dwell on that. 

Me: Well, take care. I'll see you around school, Sukiro. 

Sukiro: OK! 

He bowed as I waived my hand. I took off my headband, soaked in sweat, and threw it to the side. I poured cold water on my head as I took off my jersey and changed into my spare clothes. I grabbed my bag as I left the locker room. Although our team won, in some part to myself, I hope it appears to be a team effort. Being shown unwanted attention never bodes well. 

It was night when I exited the gymnasium. Today was a full moon, something I enjoyed sparingly when I was in my previous school. Here, I can remain somewhat unshackled. I walked through the night as I could still here people screaming around me in regards to the game. But I never intended to play for the glory of it. If anything, it seems like a nuisance. However, as I looked at my two hands, I could remember the sensation of freedom I felt when I played today. It wasn't perfect, since I might have problems down the road in regards to this performance. But, the fun ad uncanny bliss I felt made up for this entirely.