Chapter 5: An Interesting Experience

I could explain the situation in only a few words: It's worse then I thought. I was the tallest member on the team, which was terrible considering I was not even 6ft tall. There was 2 3rd years, 10 2nd years and 2 first years in this 15-man team including myself.

 There was 2 3rd years, 10 2nd years and 2 first years in this 15-man team including myself

Me: So who is your center?

Suchiro: Um, that's the thing. He's that injured guy I told you earlier about, hehe. 

I sighed. 

Me: I see. Well, I would like to know the name of the school we will be competing against now. 

Suchiro: Oh yeah, they're a really tough school with a very good second year! His name is Sudo!

At that moment, I facepalmed. 

Suchiro: What's wrong?

Me: Oh nothing. It appears that we are up against my old school, that's all. 

Everyone was shocked. 

Suchiro: You went to that school?

Me: Yeah, I had to leave because of family reasons. 

Suchiro: Damn.

Playing against them will be pretty annoying, but it can't be helped. This would be the first time I'd see Sudo play in the sport he's trained his body for so it should be entertaining to say the least.  

Me: So, back on track, what position do you plan on playing me as?

Another player spoke up.

???: It doesn't matter as long as you don't turn the ball over. Your just a replacement player. Just pass the ball to us if you even have it in your hands. 

So he was one of the 3rd years that Suchiro told me about. That was fine by me. The less work, the better. It would be like I was a spectator after all. 

 Me: Sure, works for me. You guys decide what you want to do. I'm not a member of the team. 

And so they all argued with one another. How disappointing. One player leaves, and they become completely useless. If they argue like this, I'll expect a blowout within the first couple of minutes. 

Suchiro handed me a jersey. 

Suchiro: Sorry about Natsume. It's his last year, and he's just pissed off about everything. 

Me: I don't really mind. If he wants to take the shots, then let him. 

I put on a wristband as I tied my hair back. It was getting long and in between my eyes so it was going to happen regardless. I took off my shirt as the rest of them looked at me with very confused and surprised faces. 

Me: Is there a problem?

???: Holy shit, you're ripped man! What the hell do you even do for training?