Chapter 6.5: Reactions

In a place far, far away, a single red-haired student comes back to the campus after a bus ride from a rival school. This man was none other than Sudo from Class 2-D. As he arrived, people, including his friends, saw him in a depressed-like state, as if the life was sucked right out of him, a far cry from the usual Sudo they are accustomed to seeing. 

The next day of class, he sat down in his usual seat, as the rest of the class was not the same as well. 

Lately, they haven't been able to win a single class test and their scores have been nothing but mediocre. The gap between class D and B and C has grown to 300 points in such a short span of time, that people began to question what was going on. On one hand, the Ayanokouji group agreed it had something to do with Ayanokouji's sudden departure. Horikita hasn't been the same. She's been indecisive and quick to anger. Hirata is a shell of himself. His radiant personality now lost in the flurry of class. Kei has been unapproachable, missing school for a couple of days and never returning the same. On the other hand, people like Ike, and Shinohara are quick to dismiss this. 

Ike: That guy was worse than me at school! It was a good thing he's gone. Don't know why Horikita's sad there. 

Shinohara: Exactly! He never did anything for the class. Honestly, he should have been expelled last year. 

And despite all of this, now Sudo was affected as well.  

Their homeroom teacher, Ms. Chabashira, has given up on the class, not even caring whether they get any collective points or not. If given the chance, she would expel the entire class if possible. However, unfortunately for her, that's not possible. 

But today was different. Unlike the previous months pertaining to Ayanokouji's departure, it appears she is met with some sort of anger on this particular day. Almost as if a recent ghost of the class has resurfaced. 

Ms. Chabashira: Good morning, class. I'm not entirely sure if you all follow club activities. But they help to allocate points to students, thus helping the overall class point total. 

Ike: Yeah?

Ms. Chabashira: Well, if you haven't seen it already, allow me to show you. The entire class lost a total of 50 class points last night. 

Everyone: WHAT!

Ms. Chabashira: You all were not made aware since it was late at night. And as for the reason, it pertains to the basketball game our team played yesterday. 

Everyone: SUDO!

Sudo didn't look at anyone and kept his head down.

Ike: What happened? Did he get into a fight again?!

Shinohara: Horikita should have just let him expel himself from the school if he's going to pull stunts like this again.

Sudo got up this time. 

Sudo: That's not it!!!

Horikita stood firm. 

Horikita: Then what was it?

Ms. Chabashira sighed. 

Ms. Chabashira: Sudo, acting as the ace of our basketball team, lost against a bottom 10 basketball program school by 10 points. And therefore, the classes each member of the basketball squad is apart of, lost 50 collective points.  

Horikita: But that doesn't make any sense! Why would a meager basketball game affect our point total?

Ms. Chabashira: Because now our reputation as a school is getting sullied on social media.