Chapter 12.5: Professor Ayanokouji 'Avenged'

*Flashback to the secret ending of Chapter 9 at Kiyotaka's home*

I sat down in my living room, as I called Mr. Sakayanagi using the phone number he gave me.

Me: Good evening, sir.

Mr. Sakayanagi: Oh, Kiyotaka. Is there a particular reason you're calling me?

Me: Yes. This morning on my way to school, two whiteroom operatives tried to bring me back by force. I repelled them but this only proves that, despite my father's coma, they'll still come after me regardless. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: It seems putting him in that coma still won't solve your dilemma. 

Me: So you were responsible for that, then. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: Yes, I was.

Me: I guess I should have known. My father was never sick in his entire life. You used concentrated cyanide shots to put him into that coma, right? 

Mr. Sakayanagi: Exactly. I just knew it was only a matter of time before he would force you home. I needed to make sure he never got his masterpiece back. 

Me: Well, thanks to you, I was at least able to shake off his eyes on me for a while. So, thank you, Mr. Sakayanagi. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: It's my pleasure, Ayanokouji. I was just guilty I didn't do it sooner. 

Me: Then why don't we finish where we started sir?

Mr. Sakayanagi: Pardon?

Me: We finish this saga, by killing him ourselves. 

Mr. Sakayanagi laughed. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: You really are like your father in decent aspects for life, Ayanokouji. It's nice to hear you say that. I had been planning on doing it ever since he went into his little coma. The only problem was how I would get away. 

Me: It's simple. Framing the murder on someone else will do the trick. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: But it certainly isn't the easiest thing to pull. I would have to go through all of the stops and by that point, I will still not be led off easy. 

Me: I already have a plan for it. As I mentioned, framing someone is the most effective way of getting away with it. And I know the perfect person to frame for my father's murder. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: Who?

Me: His second-in-command and life-time friend, Tsukishiro. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: Ah yes, my part-time replacement. 

Me: Exactly. He could be a difficult adversary but it means nothing since I know his fatal flaw: Sense of Control. As long as he believes he is in control, his guard lowers exponentially. Killing my father will be quite simple. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: So you think you can frame him?

Me: I know I can. The right pieces just need to meet correctly. First comes our accomplices. And what better accomplices then two of my father's worst enemies. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: And myself included?

Me: Yes, your role will be vital for the success of the plan. You'll play as the final killer. You'll make sure there is enough evidence left at the scene for me to deduce when I ultimately am asked by Tsukishiro to arrive there. 

Mr. Sakayanagi: What else?

Me: I have ideas, but I will need some time to formulate and take account of every variable. We are planning to murder a political figure with the backing of the government. We can discuss the minor details of the plan some other time, Mr. Sakayanagi. Time is also on our side.