Chapter 25: Tieing Up Loose Ends

Ayanokouji POV

After the sudden arrival of Kei, the three of us sat side-by-side one another as Kei crossed her arms and legs. Nagatoro looked intently at Kei, as I simply met Kei's eyes. 

The entire room was silent, as not a single soul was anywhere near the art room. 

After a monetary silence, Nagatoro began to talk, staring at me. 

Nagatoro: So you didn't tell me you had an ex, Senpai?!

Kei: Oh, he didn't, did he?

Me: I didn't see any reason to bring it up. I don't like bringing up the past, so the same should go for my ex. 

Kei: So I guess nothing's changed. First, you don't have enough respect of me to tell the truth about why you broke up with me, and now you don't even mention I exist?! You act without emotion, but you're just a coward like anyone else!

Nagatoro: Shut up! I won't let you come into Senpai's art club room and talk shit to him! Back off!

Kei: Shouldn't you have at least mentioned me, considering you already have a kouhai as your next girlfriend?

Nagatoro looked away, red.

Nagatoro: W-We're not dating! 

Me: She isn't my girlfriend. She's just my kouhai.  

Kei: It didn't look like it from where I was standing. It looked like you two were about to go wild in there by yourselves if I hadn't slid open the door.

Nagatoro composed herself.   

Nagatoro: What Senpai and me do is none of your business! If you just came here to question us, then you should just scram! 

Kei looked sharply at Nagatoro, as she sighed. 

Kei: And the same applies to you. What that bastard and I had before has nothing to do with you either. I came to speak with him, not you. So stay out of it.   

Nagatoro: Huh?!

Nagatoro lifted her sleeve as a threat, as Kei smirked. 

Kei: So you answer everything with fists?

Nagatoro: That was just a threat. I'm the only one who can insult my senpai. And I could care less about what you two had before! You're old news, that's why he dumped you, right? Does the reason why he dumped you really matter? It's not going to change anything!

Kei seemed pissed as she stared angrily at me. 

Kei: And what do you know? You're just an annoying school brat that doesn't know her place!

I sighed.

Nagatoro: And you can't get over senpai, even after a year? You said it yourself! You're just his ex. He doesn't belong to you, so he can hang out with whoever he wants!

Kei: Isn't that what you're doing now? There's no rule that says exes can't talk to each other. And since Kiyo doesn't like talking about his past to outsiders, it's you who's in the way, brat! 

Nagatoro was pissed off as so was Kei. It looked like the two were going to clash. 

Nagatoro: You're really pissing me off, Senpai's EX. 

Kei: Same here. You look very punchable right about now! 

Me: Stop. 

The two sides looked to me, as their anger than fired like a machine gun to my head.