Chapter 17: A Return to the Court

???: Senpai, wake up!

Huh? Damn, did I sleep in today? 

Slowly getting up, I saw I was on the floor. 

Looking up, it was Nagatoro in her pajamas as she ruffled my hair. 

Nagatoro: Come on, Senpai! We messed up!

Me: What do you mean?

Nagatoro: We slept in! My parents are calling me down for breakfast and my brother is knocking on my door, you know, the overprotective one!!!!

*knock* *knock*

Nagatoro's Brother: Hey sis, breakfast is ready! 

Nagatoro: I-I'm coming!

I got up and got my uniform that was hanging up on her door knob. 

Me: I'll just go through the window like last time. 

Nagatoro rushed over to the window and saw her dad was taking the trash out. 

Nagatoro: Not yet. My dad's still there. 

Me: Fine. 

I was wearing a shirt and sweatpants as I went over and grabbed my clothes. 

Me: Looks like I'll have to take a shower later. 

Nagatoro: Senpai! Who cares?! We have to get you out of here. 

I sighed while taking off my spare shirt. 

Nagatoro grew red as she closed her eyes. 

Nagatoro: W-What are you doing, senpai! C-Change in the corner there!

Nagatoro's Brother: Who are you talking to, sis? I-Is someone there?!!!!!!

Nagatoro waived her hands around as she tried to find some words. 

Nagatoro: N-No one's here, oni-san! I'm just watching anime!!!

Nagatoro's Brother: Well, alright if that's all that your watching. But come on, it's been a while since we all ate together!

Nagatoro: O-Ok!

Footsteps could be heard going down the stairs and disappearing. 

Putting on my uniform, I grabbed my bag and strapped it on. 

Me: Well, I'll see you in school, Nagatoro. 

Nagatoro: B-Bye, senpai. 

Going to the window, I made sure no-one was out there, as I dropped down and rolled on the ground back to my feet.

Me: I might be able to use one of the showers at school if I'm lucky. 

Before I started to walk away, I heard Nagatoro yelp as she tripped on something. The lamp near her window was hit as it fell out of the window and dangled on the side of the house. 

Nagatoro peered her head out of the window and smiled in complete embarrassment. 

Me: You should be more careful. If you're too careless, we'll have to stop hanging out at your place, Nagatoro. 

I smiled as she went completely red, as figurative steam seemed to come from her head. Screams from the rest of the family brought this scene back into reality as I walked away and hopped the fence, into the sidewalk. 

...

...

...

On my way to school, a black limousine pulled over, seeing me eating a piece of a cinnamon bun I purchased while walking.