Chapter 14.5: Festival and Fireworks

Nagatoro: Senpai, over here!

At this moment, I was being dragged around by Nagatoro, wearing her normal school outfit due to the lack of yukatas anywhere near us. I also came wearing my school clothes as well. Prior to coming here, I showed her my apartment. 

...

Nagatoro: You don't seem to have a lot of stuff, senpai.

Me: I don't own much. I'm a bit frugal in that aspect. 

She walked around my room and looked at all of my books, holding and waiving around one of my books.

Nagatoro: Bookworm!

I took it from her hands and put it down. 

Me: So you can use my bathroom to change. I'll change right in here. 

Nagatoro: Too bad there weren't any yukatas around to buy.

Me: It's fine. Not wearing one is not the end of the world. 

Nagatoro took her clothes and changed in the bathroom as I did the same in my room.

Nagatoro: NO PEAKING!

Me: I won't. 

Last time I made a joke regarding her 'figure', it didn't go very well. It's just better to roll with it. That way, I can salvage what little peace there is in the situation. 

After a few minutes, we both exited.

Nagatoro: Alright, senpai! Let's go!

Me: Sure. 

Walking out the front door, She bolted out, like a little, energetic girl on a trip with her father. 

...

Nagatoro: Look, Senpai! This game looks pretty cool. 

I went to the stand as some kids already left it. Looking more closely, it was a little shooting game where you hit certain things off shelves and you win prizes. 

We went up as I paid him a bit of yen. 

???: Here's three shots each. The ones on the top get you larger prizes and the bottom ones get you things like our lucky key chains. 

Ok, I see. 

Nagatoro: I'm going first!

Me: Sure. 

She grabbed the rifle and shot 2 on the bottom row. 

Nagatoro: Got em!

They fell to the ground as the vendor put out two key chains. 

???: Here you two go. Matching chains for a happy couple. 

Turning completely red, Nagatoro mumbled. 

Nagatoro: S-So we look like a c-couple... ok.

Me: We're friends. 

For now. 

Nagatoro aimed the rifle at one of the stuffed animals from the top row, a stuffed cat, and took aim, hitting it in the center. However, it didn't budge. 

Nagatoro: Oh, damn! I thought I got that last one!

???: Better luck next time. 

I grabbed the fake rifle from Nagatoro. 

Me: I think it's my turn. 

I held it with one hand as I shot the cat 3 times, one on the head, and the other two on the side to flip it over, falling on the ground.