Chapter 24: My Final Year of Highschool Begins Now

Ayanokouji POV

Kei: Kiyo, wake up!

I was met with a blow to the face as I got up. 

Scratching my head, Kei sighed. 

Kei: For someone like you, I didn't think it'd take me 5 minutes of yelling at you so you could wake up, Kiyo!

Me: What is it? 

Looking at my window, I could see it was morning. 

Kei: Mou! What am I going to do?!

Me: You can take a shower, change, and leave. 

Kei lightly slapped the back of my head. 

Kei: It's already 7:50!

I sighed. 

Me: Isn't today a Saturday?

Kei: Yeah?

Me: Then why don't you stay over? I'll make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We can spend the entire day watching movies and studying for that upcoming exam. 

After saying this, it went quiet. I opened my eyes, as I saw Kei, bright red and hiding her face. However, I could tell she was smiling. 

Me: So, you ok with that?

Kei: Kiyo...

She hugged me, as I held her head towards my chest. She really was too good for me. 

Kei: Kiyo...

Kei: Kiyo...

K?e?o: Kiypai?

Nagatoro: Senpai?! It's already 7:50! We have to run! 

Scratching my eyes, I got up, realizing that I was dreaming about a part of my past, I thought I would have forgotten. 

Me: It's really... that late?

Nagatoro: Yeah! Now, get out soon! 

Me: But, why are you here? Didn't you say you were going to walk with your friends to our first day back to school? Or did you miss me?

Stuttering, Nagatoro went defensive. 

Nagatoro: I-It's not like that, senpai! I just forgot something at home and passed by to see if you were still here! Now come on and let's go!

I grabbed my bag, changed into my uniform, and opened the door to see Nagatoro, in her normal uniform. However, now, she's in her second year, and I am in my final year.

I always had my doubts about whether or not I'd be able to finish highschool, given an intervention from my father, or expulsion by something that was outside of my control. 

But things have changed. I can finally live the normal life I thought would be relegated to a few years. 

Opening the door, I loomed over Nagatoro as it appears she was surprised by something. 

Nagatoro: Senpai, I don't think I've noticed it, but it looks like you're taller than before. 

Me: Really?

Nagatoro raised her hand up to my head, as she went on her tippy toes. 

Nagatoro: You do!

Me: Well, that's normal growth for you. Nothing special. Now, enough chatter. Didn't you say we're running late?

Nagatoro: Oh, crap! Let's go!