Chapter 23: A Day Of Bliss For Two Childhood Friends Part 2 (Lemon?)

Arisu: Kiyo, I feel better. You don't have to do all this~

Me: I'm just making sure the swelling doesn't get too severe. You're a pretty fragile girl, after all. 

Arisu smiled and gave a little flick on my shoulder, as I helped her on a chair inside her vacation house. 

Me: I'm surprised you hadn't fallen prey to his advances yet, Arisu. 

Arisu scoffed. 

Arisu: That vermin. I always had servants around me so approaching me was out of the question. Now that he sees me with you, he thought he had a better chance. What an idiot, fufufu. 

She winced slightly when I brushed a piece of cloth around her slightly bruised wrists. 

Me: Sorry. It must hurt. 

Arisu smiled. 

Arisu: I'm fine, Kiyo. 

I finished fixing her up, as I got up. 

Me: Did you eat enough, or would you like me to prepare some food?

Arisu: Fufufu. Cooking from Kiyo. I guess Kei really proved some use to you after all. Didn't you hone your cooking skills better thanks to continuously preparing her food?

I did. And she liked it, even when I sometimes cooked her things she didn't like to eat. 

Me: I guess, but it was Horikita and Amasawa who helped me get to a decent pallet. 

Arisu laughed. 

Arisu: Funny you bring that kouhai up. 

Me: Why is that?

Arisu: Oh, nothing. She's just one of the few people I loathe. 

Me: I see. So about food? 

Arisu: Oh yes, I'd like you to prepare some if it's not too much trouble. 

Me: Sure. 

I went into the kitchen, as Arisu simply sat in her seat. I opened my phone again and saw a picture Nagatoro sent me. 

It was a picture of something other than eggs. Hehe. Looks like I'll finally be greeted with something that doesn't contain eggs. The caption read:

'I better not hear a complaint for next time!'

I smiled and sent a text back. 

'I doubt it'll taste good but A for effort.'

And just a second later, she sent back the middle finger emoji or whatever you call it. For as much as she teases, she can't take much herself. 

I put my phone in my pocket as Arisu eyed me. 

Arisu: Who was that, Kiyo?

Me: It was one of my kouhais. He sent me a picture of the new equipment for our basketball team that he recently purchased. 

Arisu: And that made you smile?

Me: It did. 

Arisu shrugged. 

Arisu: Ok, Kiyo. 

I decided to focus on making a decent lunch, since our last one was thrown onto the ground by that weirdo. And speaking of him, I do hope he alerts authorities regarding 8 missing persons. 

I turned on the stove, as I took out pieces of meat and different spices.

Preparing a fresh lunch, Arisu got up from her seat, as she walked over to see what I was doing.