Chapter 11: Where are you Going, Senpai?!

3 weeks later...

Nagatoro: Is this how you do it, senpai?

She was carelessly moving around her spoon, making a disgusting mesh in the process. 

Me: No, you have to push more firmly. See like this. 

I grabbed her little hands as I made her hold the spoon with a bit more force, helping with some of the mashing. 

Me: Now keep going like that while I take out the chicken from the stove. 

I grabbed a mitten and opened the stove, taking out the chicken which is wrapped in tinfoil. 

Nagatoro: It smells great, senpai. 

Me: Yeah I guess so. It seems you're improving. 

Nagatoro: R-Really. 

Me: Yes really. You didn't burn the chicken this time. 

I opened the tinfoil to reveal a perfectly cooked chicken.

Nagatoro: Now what?

Me: Now we eat the food you prepared. Although let's not eat too much considering it's midnight. 

Nagatoro: Well, sorry for doing it right now! It's the only time where I'm alone today. For some reason, they started to stay lesser hours and take later shifts. It's so weird. 

Me: Maybe they're aware of me.

Nagatoro waived her hands. 

Nagatoro: No way, senpai. I made sure they didn't see anything. 

I sighed. It could still be a possibility. Or it could be they just miss her. 

Me: Well, anyway, I'll cut a piece of it and you can save the rest for your family. 

Nagatoro then tugged on my shirt. 

Me: Yes?

Nagatoro: Y-You should eat lunch with me tomorrow. 

Me: Really? I was planning on reading this new book in the library tomorr-

Nagatoro hit me on the side of my shoulder. Although her attacks against me were constant, they never hurt which is why I chose a simpler approach against them: do nothing. 

Nagatoro: I said let's eat on the rooftop, senpai. 

Me: Fine. 

Nagatoro: Great! Oh, and don't bring lunch because I'll be making us bento boxes. 

Me: Ok. Free food is always welcomed. Unless it's shit of course. 

Nagatoro smiled at me. 

Nagatoro: Just don't get to full of yourself senpai. I'm only doing it since you've been helping me for a while. 

Me: Sure, sure. 

We quietly ate portions of chicken as Nagatoro seemed contempt with it. 

Nagatoro: It's pretty good!

Me: It is. 

Nagatoro frowned. 

Nagatoro: Oh come on, senpai. You can't even smile when you're eating the best food of your life?

Me: I choose when to smile and when not to. I just do-

The doorbell rang as Nagatoro got up from her seat and signaled for me to go through the backdoor of her kitchen where I would simply hop the fence.