Ever So Smart Plan

Everything was really just a half solved problem.

I had "forgiven" Sam, but the most important part of the equation, Kian, had not as yet.

Drastic calls call for drastic measures. I had to at least get them to talk to each other.

This is supposed to be a happy thing for me, something that could get my mind off of the things that stress me.

I was not about to make a feud get in the way of my happiness. Not again.

I picked up my phone and sent a text message to both Kian and Sam saying:

Hey! I wanted to know if u and I could meet up... I wanna talk to u about something.

Minutes later, Sam replied, "Okay. Where to?"

Right after, Kian replied saying, "Sure, babe. I'm free right now. Where do you want to go?"

I texted both of them informing where we were going to meet up and they both went with it.

Jae was in her room styling her hair repeatedly when I entered.

She was wearing her casual slumber shorts and band tank top, showing that she was having her Jae Day.

"Can I have the keys please? You seem busy." I knowingly asked, knocking the door.

"Where ya headin'?" She put a scrunchie in her messy hair then turned to me.

"Well, I'm going to try to restore Sam and Kian's friendship. I want to go alone, though."

Jae just shrugged and turned back to her mirror to manage together a bang.

"Okay. Be safe." She simply said, combing out her hair with her fingers.

When she was partially done, with a handful of hair in her right hand, she tossed me the keys.

Hope this ends up how I planned.

***

Remembering the directions from the last time, I pulled up in front of the taco joint, successfully getting a spot before someone else.

The time was around 3 or so and I was sure Stephani wasn't working. I was right as I walked in and saw no evidence of her.

"Welcome to Grande Taco!" The cashier yelled from the spot.

He had dark, nearly black, brown hair and espresso colored eyes that had a hint of mint green specks. A lip piercing complemented the left side of his rather generous sized lips.

A slim fitted navy blue and baby blue two toned long sleeve shirt rested on his skinnyish body with the sleeves rolled up his tattooed arms.

"My name is Luke. How may I help you?"

My eyes jumped from side to side on the above menu. Soon a simple choice listed as The Tummy Teaser caught my eye.

What a weird name, though.

"I'll take the Tummy Teaser, please." I stated.

"Tummy Teaser!" Luke yelled to the back. "It'll be right up miss." He showed a perfect smile.

Like usual, the tables inside the restaurant were full and there were available seats in the outside dining area.

I chose a good sized table that was decorated with a plastic red, white, and green tablecloth and sat down and waited.

From far, I could hear Luke saying his line. "Yeah. Hey, Luke. Can I have the famous Grande Taco please?"

"Sure, Kian! Hey, I haven't seen you here since the last time you were with Stephani. How's it goin' with you and her now?" Luke asked.

My blood raced just hearing her name. I calmed down, though, and sunk into my chair and decided to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Well we're actually not together anymore. Haven't been for a while. Now I'm with this other girl named Queenie and I swear to you that you'll melt when you see her. She's the prettiest thing ever to walk the face of the earth. And I love her so very much-"

"Woah! Okay dude. Don't express your feelings towards a single guy." He laughed followed by Kian's.

"Well I'm supposed to meet her today. Then you'll see."

A good amount of time passed by before Luke's voice rose again. "Tummy Teaser at O.D table 6."

(Author's Note: O.D means outside dining)

I turned around and raised my hand towards the waiter, who smiled when she saw me.

"Here's your Tummy Teaser and your complementary Grande Taco cup! I'm Allison. What's your name?" She grinned, handing me my food. 

"Queenie. Nice to meet you, Allison."

"Well, Queenie, if there's anything else I could help you with I'm right around the corner."

The angelic aroma of the Californian veggie taco made my mouth water. Heaven was now a place in my mouth as I took a big chomp into the taco.

"Queenie?" Kian called.

I looked up to see Kian now standing in front of me. A piece of tomato and gouda cheese fell off my face as I quickly swallowed my food and opened my mouth to reply to him.

"Hey. Glad you came!" I smiled, wiping my cheek with a napkin out the dispenser.

Kian giggled and gave me a quick peck before sitting down across me. The moment fell silent.

He widened his eyes and rolled in his lips as if he was waiting for something.

"Oh yeah. Lemme finish my "Tummy Teaser" first." I said while using air quotas.

Part two of my ever so smart plan: wait for Sam to arrive.

Now we play the waiting game.

Kian nodded again then placed his hands in his sweatshirt pockets.

"Why do you think they call it that?" He questioned, breaking the moment of silence.

In between bites, I spoke to him about the topic. We laughed, shared the taco, and just had a good time in general.

"Hey Sammers! How's it goin'!" Luke called, catching Kian's attention.

"Ugh! What is he doing here?" Kian asked while he kept his eyes on his ex-friend. "Let's go. I don't wanna stay here with the two-faced -"

"Kian. Let's just enjoy our time here, yeah? Look he's on the other side of the restaurant." I pointed out while he sat at a bench inside and went on his phone.

My phone went off as Sam looked up and around the restaurant. I pulled it out on the side of me to see:

Hey. I'm here. Where are you?

Before I could reply to the message, I heard him yell out, "hey" and soon he was waking towards Kian and I.

A.N: Sorry for the incredibly late update! I've been really busy with life and whatnot, but I'm going to try my best to update more.

Anyways, what do you guys think will happen with Kian and Sam? Do you think Queenie's ever so smart plan will work out?

Drop your thoughts in the comments c:

Thanx!

~Jae