What's That All About?

The time was 9 at night. Jae and I we're preparing for the party and it was nothing ,but craziness.

"Where's my other earring, Queenie?!" Jae yelled from the bathroom.

"How am I suppose to know?!" I snapped back.

She ruffled the sheets, looked under the bed, on the cluttered computer desk, until she found it in the cup holder on the desk,

"Yes! I got it!" She held them in the air, running to the closet then to the bathroom.

Ever since the time Jae taught me how to apply makeup, I think I've gotten the hang of it. I watched myself in the mirror as I applied some light pink eyeshadow, salmon pink lipstick and some lipgloss.

Thoughts of adding more or staying the way with the makeup I had on battled in my head.

"I think you should add more. You'll have to look good for the party tonight!" my mind added.

"Yeah. I'll add more." I shrugged, continuing to gently cake on makeup. I decided to go with a darker brown blush that complemented my chocolate complexion.

"Okay!" I rubbed my hands together, satisfied. "I'm not gonna lie, Queenie, but you look....... AWESOMESAUCE!" I squealed to myself ,walking over to the closet to pick an outfit.

The outfit I bought from Target was calling my name as I opened the closet door, "Wear me! I'm lonely and highly fashionable!" It rang in my mind.

Something deep down was saying that I should listen to the tiny voice," Eh... Okay." I grabbed the sleeveless lavender knee length dress out of the closet.

The dress was pleaded with silver beads around the neckline and I thought it would go great with the silver high heels I never wore.

"Now I....... look like a mod-el!" Jae popped out of the bathroom, parading her outfit, dancing to imaginary music.

I'm not gonna lie ,but my sister had a really nice taste in fashion. She was wearing navy blue skinny jeans, a Marilyn Monroe tank top and blue combat boots.

" So do I!" I laughed, dancing beside her.

We danced around weirdly till I noticed the time, 10:00 pm," Woah! We're gonna be late! We are going to  be late! C'mon!" I gasped, grabbing my purse and phone, hurrying outside to Jae's friend's car.

In under a second I was in the passenger seat waiting for my slow sister to come, "Ayeeeee!" I cried eagerly hit the side of the door. "We have to go!"

This girl was literally taking her time steadily walking down the stairs... not even wearing shoes! My eyes constantly watched back and forth between my wristwatch, finally seeing Jae jump into the the driver's,seat.

"I can't believe you right now." I shook my head at her with a straight face. "What? I wasn't gonna get my nails dirty. YEESH!" she explained, starting up the car.

"Just hurry up please." I watched out the window, throwing my hands in the air in frustaration; feeling her cold stare on me.

The engine of the old Nissan struggled to start, "Um... I think this old gal isn't working." Jae said.

"Oh no no no no! This isn't supposed to happen!" I grabbed my now messy hair, getting out and running down the street.

Good thing I took track in middle school or else I would've been tired the minute I stepped out the car.

"BEEP! BEEEEEP!" sounded the old car behind me.

"Hahahaha! You better get in here, sis. You don't want to get there all sweaty right?" Jae laughed uncontrollably. I shot her a stern look before jumping in and directing my attention to the mirror to fix my hair into a messy ponytail.

My hyena of a sister was cracking up the whole ride,"HAHAHA! I'm gonna pee myself! You were running like you were going for free food!"

*************

Wait For a Minute by: Tyga was echoing throughout the street Kian's house was on. There was an empty spot of grass that Jae parked on before we entered the house.

"Hey babe!" Kian danced over to me with a red plastic cup in his hand. He grabbed me by the waist, pulling me in for a kiss on my cheek,

"Hey Kian." I said, the music overpowering my voice.

"Um..... I'm gonna go look for Jc." Jae told, subtracting herself from the equation.

Kian grabbed my hand, bringing me over to a free space on couch. "You look very beautiful, Queenie. Like the first day I met you." He melted me with his words.

"I've been wanting to ask you something.... for some time now." He said, holding my hand with his head down.

"Yeah?" I lifted his head, watching his eyes.

"Hey there, Kian. Wassup, Queenie?" Sam came over, with a girl connected to him. We both said hello, looking over at the mystery girl.

"Oh yeah. You guys remember Stephani, right? I invited her." He cleared up our confusion. We nodded in unison.

Stephani gave me a look before leaning over to Kian's ear, "Uh.....Sure." He answered whatever she said, letting go of my hand and walking over to a corner with her.

"What's that all about?" Sam asked, sitting next to me on the couch.

I shrugged, barely acknowledging Sam," Beats me, Sammers." I stared at Kian and Stephani for a while, noticing him smiling at her over and over again, then geared back to Sam.

'Why would I care. We're not even together. He could talk to whoever he wants to talk to.' I thought to myself.

"Did you hear me, Queenie?" Sam butted in, flicking my earlobe.

"What.... are...... you doing, Sam?" I laughed, slapping his hand away from me.

"Are you going to get any piercings anytime soon? You look kinda nude without any." He smiled back.

"Yeah. Actually I hope to get a couple in a few weeks." I laughed beaming, watching back over to Kian and Stephani.

Out of nowhere she grabbed him into a sudden kiss, making Kian's eyes nearly pop out of their sockets.