Live This Moment

Kian's expression on his face lit up as soon as we locked eyes.

'At least I know he's happy to see me. Now I think that the question might not be something bad.'

"Hey my beautiful sunshine." He greeted, smiling. "I didn't know that you'll be here."

"Same to you." I quickly replied, nervously giggling. He just kept smiling. Weird.

We started trailing down the sidewalk, Kian on his penny board and me on my roller skates that I could barely ride because I haven't done this in a while. We spoke about stuff - all random and uncalled for.

"So." I started off, hoping that we'll get into that much yearned topic.

He swung my hand before looking up at me and nodding his head as in 'hmm?', "Ice cream?"

I looked back at him with nothing on my face but confusion. "Huh?"

'This guy. Doesn't he see that I'm slowly being internally poisoned by him not bringing up the stupid question?!'

He pointed at Connor and Trevor walking towards a baby blue ice cream cart decorated with palm trees and red and yellow LED lights.

"Oh. Um... Sure." I shrugged, smiling.

We approached the line then waited behind Connor and Trevor taking the longest time by arguing over which flavor was the best, "No ,dude. Pistachio is the best.... By far." Connor raised his arms in the air and spun.

"Puh-leeez Connor, buddy. Moose track flavored ice cream is basically the best thing in the whole world." He shooed his hand as if Connor's statement was irrelevant.

"Wow. My friends, man. You just gotta love 'em." Kian cutely chuckled.

"Kian?" I wrapped around his side and looked up at him.

"Yeah, baby girl?" He smirked, making my insides.

'He sure is the charmer!'

"That nightmare. Last night? You didn't finish telling me about it."

The happy expression on his face immediately dropped as he looked down at his shoes.

"Oh yeah. Well.... Once he took you, you wouldn't come back to me for some reason. I thought that-" he paused then swallowed, "you would like him more than me. It was a nightmare cuz I would never want to lose you.... To anyone." He said in a low voice.

My heart was so heavy at that moment that it felt as if it fell straight to my gut.

I turned Kian to me then looked him in the eyes once more, "That's never going to happen, Kian. I like you way too much for that to happen. You'll never lose me cuz I'll always be by your side."

I felt tears starting to form in the corners of my eyes as I brought him in for a hug and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Don't cry, babe. Please. Everything will be alright." He comforted me, lifting my chin to face him. He quickly licked his lips then begin to come closer to me.

Yes. We we're in a public setting so that meant that this was considered as P.D.A ,but right about now I didn't even care cuz Kian just tempted me.

I reached up on my tippy toes to meet his lips with mine. He was surprised by my sudden action and took a couple small steps back, nearly tripping over his own feet. I pulled away to see his eyes slowly opening and his teeth showing with his smile.

"EXCUSE ME!" We looked up to see a straight-faced, frustrated looking ice cream man. "What do you kids want?!" He said with annoyance in his voice.