Chapter 1 - Surprising New

"Samantha!" Grams' voice came from the kitchen. I was sitting outside, looking on the beautiful garden. The flowers were beautiful in the summer, with flowers in all the colours I could dream of, an apple tree full of juicy red apples and green grass that felt soft under the feet, and I was happy since it finally was summer holiday. We lived in the outskirts of California in a little farm. It was only me, Grams, my horse, Bounty, and our dog, Cupid.

I rose from the garden chair and walked into the tiny kitchen my Grams and I spent our meals at. Grams was about sixty years old, but she was still beautiful. She had tanned skin, with a hint of red, and long, strong, grey hair. Her Native American features were outstanding. In her hand, she held the phone. "It's for you," Grams said and gave it to me.

"Hello?" I asked. "Samantha Hedge, here."

"Hello, Samantha," a female voice greeted. "It's Tory Klarks, from Seventeen Magazine. I have the honor to tell you that you are the winner of the One Direction- competition! You are going on a tour with One Direction!"

I was totally freaking out. One Direction was my favorite band nr. 1! For three months ago, I saw a competition in the teenager magazine Seventeen, and decided to sign up for it and take a chance. After that, I made a song video by myself singing 'Born This Way' by Lady Gaga. I whined into the phone. "Are you serious? This is unbelievable!" I squeled. Calm down, I told myself. This wasn't the time for a faint.

"I'm serious," Tory said with a short laughter. She sounded really friendly. "Some of our people and I will pick you up at your place tomorrow 08:00 AM, after that bring you to the airport. I hope it's okay with only one day to pack?"

"Sure! Oh my god! I can't believe this!" I pinched my arm to see if I was awake. It hurted a little. "I'm so happy for this! Oh my god! Warm up for One Direction!" I felt dizzy and had to sit down in a chair. I was so happy that my world was spinning. Literally.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Good bye," Tory said and hung up.

I turned around to see Grams with a huge grin on her face. It was the grin she had when she was very happy and excited for something. It made her look twenty years younger. She gave me a soft hug. "I'm so happy for you, sweetheart," she said into my ear.

"Wait.." I said, looking at her suspicious. "You knew?" I was still dizzy. It felt like I had butterflies in my stomach.. No, wait, a zoo. I couldn't even stop smiling.

Grams nodded. "She told me when I answered the phone. You should go packing, by the way. One Direction is waiting for you." She waved towards the front door, as if they were waiting outside.

I hesitated a second. "What about you, Grams? Shouldn't you start packing?"

"Sorry, hun. A world tour is nothing for an old lady. I will watch you on the TV, though," she said. I felt my heart sink a little down. Since Grams was the person who knew me most in the world, she noticed my worry. "You'll be fine, sweetheart. I'll be fine. Go pack your suitcase now."

I walked into my room, and found my dark red suitcase. I took my prettiest clothes into it, some underwear and also some cozy clothes, like sweat pants and baggy tees. After packing into the suitcase I walked into the bath room and packed my toilet bag. I stopped on the way out, looking at myself in the mirror.

My skin was tanned with a hint of red. My Grams was half Indian, actually Cherokee. I was living with her because I had no parents. Well, I had, for eighteen years ago. My mother died giving birth to me, and my father ran away. I guess he thought I killed her, or something. Since I never had met any of my parents, I hadn't anything to miss. I was happy with Grams anyway.

I went a hand through my hair. It was straight, soft and dark, and reached down to my waist. I still smiled. My teeth looked extra white against my skin.

My mind was still spinning a little. It's unbelievable, I thought as I took my toilet bag in my suitcase. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was only 03:07PM. I grabbed my cell and called my best friend. "Holly, here," she answered.

"Hi, Holly!" I said excited.

"Oh, it's you, Sammy. I thought it was Kyle. My stupid phone deleted all my numbers..." she muttered. Kyle was her ex-boyfriend who had been torturing her with phone calls at least three times a day, begging her to take him back.

"I see. But come here! I gotta tell you something, and I wanna tell you face to face." I walked around the house while I was talking. That was something I'd always done.

"Nothing bad, I hope," Holly said. I heard her steps. She was probably walking towards her car. "I'll see ya soon. Bye." She hung up.

After my little round in the house, I went out the door. I continued to walk on the gravel towards a tiny, white shed. The way to me from Holly took a quarter, so I decided to go to the stable to greet Bounty.

As soon as I approached her, her ears went forwards. Her eyes were friendly, and she had short, vanilla-white fur. The reason why her name was Bounty was that she sometimes rolled on the ground and got covered up with dirt. She was then brown on the outside and white on the inside. Like the Bounty chocolate.

"Hello, darlin'," I said, Stroking her at the pink muzzle. "I will miss you, but Grams will take care of you. Love you." She looked at my hands that were hid in my pockets. I grinned and gave her a carrot.

When I heard a car roll into the drive-in, I kissed her on the muzzle and walked out. Holly got out of her light blue Ford Fiesta and walked to me. Her hair was light brown and reached her to her shoulders. The cheeks was covered with freckles and she had green eyes that sparkled when she smiled.

"What's happening?" she asked with a confused look. Probably, I looked like a madman, with a wide smile on my face. My jaws were literally hurting from smiling.

I told her everything. Her eyes showed more and more disbelief as I told her. When I finished, she looked at me like I was a unicorn throwing up rainbows. She rose an eyebrow and I nodded as confirmation. Then she squealed and jumped at me so we both fell over to the ground.

As I rose from the dirt, I laughed at her funny reaction. "You okay?" I asked. Holly was staying beside me. She was really short, a head shorter than me, and I was only 169cm high.

"Yeah, but I can't believe you actually going on a tour with One Direction! Oh my god! I'm not surprised that you won, though. You are an amazing singer. Greet them from me!" She  nearly yelled.

-

We were together the rest of the day. Talking and laughing of the most stupid things. Just like we always did. Holly cried a little, too. She was so happy for me and jealous at the same time. Poor girl.

After a weird, but nice day, I fell asleep quickly that night. I thin my eyes were shut close even before my head hit the pillow.

---

So that's the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed it. Can't wait until I'm going to write about the boys! :)) By the way, comments and votes are very pleased:) Thanks for giving my story a chance<3

- Love from me:)